Prologue

I could barely lift my hand to ring the doorbell.

I didn't know if he was home.
I didn't know if he even still lived here, but it was the best shot I had.

My pulse was beating so loud, people a mile away could hear. My right arm was hanging next to my side with blood running down it from my shoulder. The warmth of the blood falling out of the gash in my cheek, fell onto my favorite leather jacket.

It was the middle of the night. Who knew if anyone even heard the doorbell ring. But it only took about ten seconds for someone to yell through the door- "who is it?"

"Ace Short. I'm looking for Bobby Singer. Does he still live here?" I leaned against the side of the house. The same male voice yelled again to someone called Dean to get Bobby. "If you could hurry it up that'd be nice." My head was pounding and I could pass out at any second.
The door whipped open and there stood a tall guy. Probably around twenty-four, longish brown hair and hazel eyes.

"What did you say your name was?" He asked.

"Ace. Ace Short." I went to take a step inside, but fell into the doorframe.

"Woah. Woah. Woah." He grabbed my shoulders, helping me stand up.

"Where the hell is Bobby?" I snapped at him. The room was spinning around me, causing me to blink rapidly.

"Bobby!" He yelled, picking me up, bringing me to the couch.

"For Christ sakes boy where's the fire?" Bobby came down the stairs, looking up once he hit the floor, seeing me. "That's a face I'd never thought I'd see again. Ace what the hell happened to you?" He came over pulling my face up to look at the gash.

"Can't you tell," I laughed. "I escaped from my dad."