A Very Supernatural Christmas

I pulled the burger off the pan shaking it back in forth to cool it down due to it burning my fingers.

"Hot?" Bobby laughed as I bit into it.

I nodded. "Little bit, little bit."

"You finished the roof?"

"Yup, hand me the ketchup." He handed me the ketchup from the fridge and grabbed a beer. "Bobby it's ten am, don't you think it's a little early for a beer?" I squirted ketchup all over the top of the burger.

"Ace it's ten am, don't you think it's a little early for a burger?" Bobby countered.

"I survive on burgers."

"I survive on beer."

"Burgers are healthy."

"Beer is happy in a bottle."

"Burgers are dead animals."

"What's so good about that?"

"I like dead animals."

"You really have a messed up head kid." He shook his head going outside and grabbing the paper. "Agh." He grumbled. "Christmas tomorrow."

"Christmas?" I raised my right eyebrow.

"You never had Christmas?" He sat at the table with the paper.

"What's Christmas!" I threw my hands up.

"How often did you get out of that prison girl?"

"First time I got out I was eight. And I would make runs doing little things until I was ten. Then I was out more and undercover, sometimes in school. I was either fourteen or fifteen the first time I got arrested, first degree murder, big surprise." I rolled my eyes. "Back in the prison for a while after that and I continued to get arrested until I ran. I'd rather not go into detail." I finished off the burger. "To answer your question, not much."

"Still, how do you not know what Christmas is?"

"Wait, isn't it that thing with the fat guy in the red jump suit and he's got a big white beard and he breaks into everyone's house stealing children?" I did my best explaining it.

"Close but he gives presents to children, no kidnapping." Bobby shook his head.

"That's how Tyler explained it to me."

"Who's Tyler?" He got up looking through the cabinets for something.

I shook my head. "No one important."

"I need to go on a supply run, you coming?" I nodded following him to his crappy truck.

"Walmart?" I looked up at the large store. "What a stupid name."

"Keep up." Bobby pushed the cart.

"What's with all the red and green and telling us to be cheery? We are the least cheery people I know." I followed him as he picked up random food. "Why are they saying get deals for presents and there's glass ball things everywhere?"

"Santa, Ace." He rolled his eyes.

"Who's Santa and why is he into glass balls." I picked up one of the glass balls, dropping it to the ground, shattering.

"God Ace." Bobby grabbed my arm pulling me away. "Don't make a scene."

"Why is there a plastic deer?" I walked away from Bobby to nudge it with my foot. And it fell to the ground with a ting.

"You're just a train reck waiting to happen." Bobby pulled me by my arm into the guy section of this store. He put about ten bags of rock salt in the cart.