Suicides

-Akira, things are going according to plan. There is no doubt.- The tall blue-eyed male said, speaking to his grey-eyed lifelong friend.

-Of course they are. I find it rather annoying to stick to this- He made a face expression as if he tasted something bitter –human identity, but it is all for more important causes. Hence, I won’t complain.-

-I have to put up with things as well. Look at me? I am still not fully recovered.- He licked his lower lip with his snake-like tongue.

-But, you will be soon.- Akira pointed at the kitchen –Didn’t you have enough by now?-

-Sort of.- The other male huffed –I am days away from being my old self.- He grinned –And soon, after she comes back, we will-

-Wait.- Akira made a gesture. It means stop talking.

-What?-

Akira made the gesture again, then spoke calmly a moment later –Do you hear that?-

-Is that the police?- The blue-eyed male raised an eyebrow.

-It is. Go get rid of the body.-

-Why? - He smirked.

-Just do it. Let’s not party before it is due.-

-Alright. - The other male nodded and disappeared.

                                                                  *

The sirens of the police car echoed the Aoba-ku ward as they headed towards the modest residence of the Terachi couple. The people walking down the streets were curiously turning around, wondering among themselves who could have caused what so that the police cars drive so quickly through the city, as if about to do something of life-importance.

It was a two-floor house, very modest in building and it looked abandoned. When the car parked nearby, the officers asked themselves if anyone could possibly live there: the roof was damaged, the facade was peeling off and the door seemed to be so old that it could not be locked anymore; the handle was rusted and the key hole was filled with spider web; two spiders were playing inside of it innocently, knitting their web occasionally, unaware of anything that was about to take place in a matter of moments although their kind will have a greater role later that day.

The two officers locked their car and looked around first then headed towards the door. The younger officer knocked on the door and they waited, for about ten seconds. Then they knocked again, impatiently waiting. They heard a movement in the house so someone was clearly there.

Afraid that the Terachi boy might have seen them and decided to flee at the back exit (if the house had it), the older officer said –We’re coming in!-

The younger opened the door. All he had to do was push it gently and it opened ajar; the house smelled like dust. It was so intense that both of the officers coughed a little.

-Is anyone home? - One of them asked as they entered the living room.

-Yes, I am here.-

The Terachi boy had his back turned to the police officers, seemingly staring at the curtains.

The younger policeman took out his handcuffs and said –You are under arrest. - The older officer elbowed him slightly, frowning at the young man in front of him, already feeling that something was out of order.

The young Terachi turned around, staring at the policemen with his piercing grey eyes. The officers took a step back.

-Arrested? For? - The young man tilted his head, taking a few threatening steps towards the two men –I am not really sure that will happen.-