Little MyAnna She Never Knew

Kimura entered the room and closed the door, holding a certain file Eihi had no idea what was. He sat down, in front of her and looked at her, somehow seriously. She could see a strange kind of worry in his eyes; something she was not used to.

He tossed the file across the table. Eihi looked at it, her heart jumping up to her throat when she saw MyAnna’s name on it. For a moment there, she thought something had happened to MyAnna. If yes, what was she going to do? A certain kind of sadness built up in her body. With her heart settling back in her chest only to beat faster, she opened the file and looked at Kimura, asking in trepidation –What’s this?-

-I did a little digging about Akiyama.- Kimura said.

-O-oh?-

So, something had not happened to MyAnna but Kimura did do some investigation about her. This worried Eihi. What could have he found out that caused this worry? He was upset and freaked out enough when she told him about the samples she found and that they are not human. She had to tell him this; otherwise, he would just go to someone else and find out from them (unless he did that after the lab exploded. But, she figured he would have to know anyways; at least he showed interest in continuing a certain kind of investigation although the case was closed already).

-Yes. I think you would like to take a look at that. - He pointed at the file.

Eihi nodded and looked at the file. She turned the few pages and read every bit of it; there was not much text. These were hospital files.

-What is this?- She frowned and looked at him.

-You can see what it is.- He shifted.

-Is this true?-

-Of course it is. Don’t you think it’s strange? You would never tell....-

Eihi got up –MyAnna needs to know.-

-Then go tell her. You two are friends, right?- He lit a cigarette and exhaled some smoke.

-Sort of.- She nodded and left the station.

                                                                                   *

-And I think she went all the way to Kyoto too!-

-By foot? No way.-

-Yes, by foot. She likes walking.-

-That’s not even human.-

-Who cares, it happened.-

Ai, Seiko, Hisako and Daiki were talking about some cousin of Ai’s that walked a large distance, I forgot even what it actually was. Katsu was just listening to them while I was staring somewhere in the distance, not particularly paying attention to anything.

-Rie, do you think that it’s possible to walk that much?- Hisako asked curiously.

-Sure.- I said –Daiki, would you please hand me that water bottle?-

He nodded and gave me the bottle. I heard Seiko asking who that is. I took a large gulp and looked in front of me, almost choking on the water then.

-MyAnna, could we have a word? - Eihi asked, standing in front of us. We were sitting in front of the university building, under a huge oak tree.

-Why is she calling you like that?- Katsu raised an eyebrow.

I got up –Yes, sure.-

Eihi nodded and we walked several metres away. She handed me a file –You need to see this. I’m sorry.-