15| Adressing Andre

Pacing my room, Lilliana and Ashley watched me. "Would you stop that? You're making me dizzy." Ashley groaned. "Should I go?" I asked; I was talking about the game. It was going to start soon. I glanced at the digital clock on my desk again.

"Or we could all watch mean girls?" Lilli offered. "What's Mean Girls again?" I asked; Lilli watched so many chick flicks I couldn't tell the difference between all of them.

"You don't know what Mean Girls is?" Ashley snorted; I didn't think Ashley would watch those types of movies either.

"I don't know, I just don't watch movies like that," I argued.

"Hey, movies like that are great!" Lilli argued back.

Glancing at the clock, I sighed. "We're going!" After what Cooper said in that voicemail, I can't help but wonder how Andre got caught up in all that stuff. But what is there to be afraid of? Andre wasn't that type of person anymore.

It just made me nervous to think Andre was deceiving me. Maybe he was like, I just didn't know. He could be toying with my trust. I felt like I didn't know him at all; with a few words, my faith in him was slipping away.

When we were in the parking lot, I sat in the car. Should get I get out? What if this was all a mistake? "Are you coming?" Lilli asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah." There was nothing to worry about. I was attending the games like I've always done.

Lilli spotted Cooper, heading over towards him. I didn't bother. I wasn't in the mood for another sappy apology.

"Let's go find a seat." Ashley drug me towards the bleachers. "I'm going to the concession stand. Want anything?"

She shook her head, "I'm fine."

I needed to think. I was already regretting coming to the football game. I was making a bigger deal out of this than it really was. On the way, I saw Andre out of uniform, cigarette in his hand.

I tried my hardest to avoid him on the way, but he grabbed me around my waist.

"Quinn, are you avoiding me?" He whispered in my ear.

"Why would I be doing that?" I mumbled, trying to escape his grasp. "That's my question." He let go, turning me to face him.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I hesitantly asked, "Were you smoking?" He shrugged, "Maybe." The voicemail replayed in my head.

"That's really bad for you." He chuckled. "It was just one smoke." He shrugged.

I changed the subject, "I hear you're not playing." I wasn't the only one who heard. Everyone knew about Cooper and Andre not playing. There were no secrets at this school; everything got out sooner or later.

"Bullshit, right?" He mumbled. I looked towards the game that was starting.

"But what can I do?" He sighed, looking at the field too. "You can support your team?" I smiled, he nodded. "If it means sitting with my girl then, sure." I scoffed. "I am not your girl." He smirked, "you will be." Only in his dreams.

"Doubt that." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "That kiss says otherwise." I protested, "you kissed me!" It's not like I wanted to kiss him. Okay, maybe I did. I wasn't going to admit it, though. "You kissed back." And with that, he won the argument.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at Cooper, who was now sitting on another set of bleachers, I frowned.

"Don't worry bout him," Ashley elbowed me. Cooper moved his seat when he found out Andre was coming to sit with me.

"Why is he sitting here?" Cooper's eyes held anger.

"It's a free country Cooper, I can sit where ever the hell I want." Andre carelessly sat on the bleachers.

Clenching his fist, Cooper stood, Lilli following.

"Cooper, you're acting like a child." I grabbed his arm.

He turned, "I know you listened to that voicemail, Quinn. I don't want you to get in trouble because of his actions!" with that, Cooper officially made me feel worse. This was going to be a long, complicated night.

Looking at the Howling Wolves cheerleaders, I mumbled. "They're pretty good." Ashley scoffed, "maybe they're pretty but not good." I laughed. Who knew Ashley would criticize cheerleaders? Guess it wasn't just about looks.

"I never understood how cheerleading is a sport," Andre said. Ashley and I both glared at him. "Just being honest." He put his hands up in defense.

"It's better than running across a field with a ball." Ashley snorted, I giggled. Andre held his hand to his heart, "I take great offense to your comment!"

"I'd think cheerleading is more of a sport if you were down there cheerleading." He whispered. I elbowed his stomach. "Whatever, it's a sport whether I'm cheering or not."

He chuckled, "I'd still kill to see you in that uniform." I elbowed him again. "Quit being a pervert!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The game was over, and we had lost. This was the second loss of the season. "Maybe if I played, we would have won." Andre flattered himself.

"Your arrogance is unattractive."

"You love it." He grinned. We were in the parking lot, Ashley was waiting in her car. "Andre, can I ask you something?" He smiled, "are you asking me out? I knew my good looks would get finally through to you." I chuckle. There he goes again, flattering himself.

"Have you ever done drugs or I don't know-" I sighed, "Beat a guy up until he ended up in the hospital?" We stopped at his black truck. I was leaning against it.

"Cooper told you, didn't he?" He was getting closer to my face. Nope, not gonna happen! He's not going to kiss me and think I'll be putty in his hands.

"You're not answering my question." I pushed him back, he groaned, looking at the night sky. "What difference will it make?" He asked; he was avoiding the answer.

"I just want to know," I said, raising my voice a little. "Yes, Quinn, jeez!" He threw his hands in the air. "Marty had some stuff at my party, and I tried it, big deal!" I looked at my feet. Cooper was right.

What else was he right about? "And that guy?" I knew I was pressing his anger.

"We hit got into it-" he shrugged, "why does this even matter again?" It didn't exactly matter; I just wanted to know. "Because Cooper isn't perfect either."

"Nobody's perfect." Andre shook his head in disbelief. "Did Cooper tell you that he's a thief?" I shook my head. "No, uh, no, he didn't." He scoffed, "Yeah, I bet he didn't."

When are the lies and secrets going to stop?

A/N: Quinn not remembering what Mean Girls is has nothing to do with her referring to Regina George in the previous update. That update was a one shot, something cute for readers to enjoy on Valentine's Day! ❤️