18| Stupid Cold.

In the last few days, I've had a terrible cold: a runny nose, sore throat, and occasional headache. When breakfast was ready, my mother called me down. When I finally had enough energy to haul myself out of bed, I sulked down the stairs.

"I would say good morning, but I think it's better to speak for myself." My mother sipped her tea. Could she not tell I was sick? I coughed, picking at my breakfast. "What are we wearing today, sunshine?" She asked.

I looked down at my plaid pajamas shirts and t-shirt. "This feels fine to me." I shrugged, she chuckled lightly. "Okay, silly! I get you don't want me pestering in your business." She walked out of the kitchen. What did my outfit of the day have to do with my mother in my business?

I decided that a nap would be nice. Who didn't enjoy a good nap? I blew my nose from the tissue box next to my bed and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom knocked on my door, "Quinn, can I come in?" I lifted my head from my pillow. "Yeah, come in." I sat up a little. "Honey, when do you plan to get ready?" she asked. I was confused just as much as she was. "Ready for what?" she ran her fingers through her hair. "Don't tell me you forgot about-"

I sighed, "my date!" It was too late; Andre was sure to be here any minute!

The doorbell rang, my mother and I looked at each other. "I'll get it." I ran down the stairs and flung the door open.

"Andre, I am so so so so so sorry!" I honestly forgot about our date.

"I'm sick, and I was just exhausted." Andre laughed, more than I expected.

He was bent over, clutching his stomach. Once he sobered up, he pointed at my Elmo pajamas. "Nice pj's." I rolled my eyes.

"It's okay, babe, we'll go another time." He probably said that too many other girls, something I shouldn't be worried about, but I was. "Babe?"

He nodded, "yeah, babe."

"By the way, you still owe me." He said. I shook my head. "I don't think so." It wasn't my fault I came down with a cold. "Make it up to me now. Let's have a Disney marathon." He helped himself in.

"Only because it's a Disney marathon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I thought this was a Disney marathon," I whined as The Lion King ending credits started. "I'm tired of Disney movies." Andre found a horror movie. I don't even know why we have horror movies! Lilli must have left it here.

"I hate scary movies," I said. Andre smirked towards me. "You could always-" I shook my head. "If you think I'm going to jump all over you, you're mistaken." I wasn't that scared; at least I was going to pretend to be okay.

I was going to throw myself on Andre like any other girl!

The conjuring, even the name sounded scary. How can anyone enjoy these types of movies?

The movies are all about something or someone trying to kill you. That thing or person can never look normal!

The movies played, at first, it wasn't bad but, after a while, it got worse.

Andre didn't flinch when things popped out or anything. I, on the other hand, had a pillow held to my face.

Something popped out, causing me to jump. Andre paused the movie, "I think that's enough." He stretched his arms, "I mean, you're clearly scared."

"I'm not scared," I lied, "that's how I show enthusiasm." Yeah, right, I was lying straight through my teeth.

Andre gave me a knowing look. "Even better, you can finish the movie yourself." He headed for the door.

"Don't leave me here!" I reached for his arm.

He forced me to watch this movie, and now he has to endure the aftermath.

"Since you insist." He sat back on the couch with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I guess we should finish the movie." He played the movie. I scooted a tad closer to him, Andre lips turning up in a grin. He was enjoying my pain.

Something else popped up. I put my face into the pillow. Andre pulled me closer to him, and I let him. "You're such a scaredy-cat." He teased. I didn't say anything. I was just sitting there, wondering what was happening. I tend to overthink a lot.

"Quinn." He tried to pry the pillow from my blushes face. "What's wrong?" He chuckled.

"I was actually enjoying this until I realized you must do this with dozens of girls," I mumbled honestly.

His smile dropped, "Quinn, don't do that."

I smiled. "I can't help it; your old ways haunt me. I don't want to be subjected to that." Andre sat there in thought.

He kissed my cheek, "I won't break your heart." Even I knew that I wasn't going to give him my heart in the first place.

"Goodbye, Andre," I said. I think this date has come to an end.

"Goodnight, babe." He walked outside.