Chapter Ten

Nick ran out of the room. He hated himself for leaving his best friend, Liam, back there dead, but there was nothing he could do. He couldn't save him...

Nick saw the light at the end of the hallway. He picked up his speed, running to his friends. When they saw him, they all look relieved. "Nick!" Stiles said, hugging him.

Newt took a step forward. "Nick... Where is Liam?" He asked. Nick looked down, closing his eyes. "He... He's dead..." Nick managed to get out.

Everyone's faces dropped. "Wh-what happened to him..." Allison asked, her voice shaking. "Deucalion had him... He was planning on killing Liam if I didn't go with Deucalion..." Nick explained. "When I went to go with him... Liam threw a grenade at some sort of explosive machine... Deucalion slit Liam's neck, and the explosion killed Liam and Deucalion..."

Nick started to tear up. Liam has been with him since the beginning. He was born on the same day, and their mothers became friends. Liam saved him from the werewolves numerous times... And now he's gone.

Allison came through, hugging Nick. Nick hugged her back. After she let go, Stiles came over putting his hand on Nick's shoulder. "Nick... I know it's hard.. But we'll get through this... I know it." Stiles said to him, trying to smile.

"We should go..." Div remarked. Newt, Stiles, and Allison nodded. "You guys go, I'll catch up." Nick said to them. As they walked away, Nick turned back, seeing smoke flood out of the hallway in. He heard groaning.

Nick's eyes widened. It couldn't be true. "Liam?" Nick questioned, slowly stepping towards the hallway. It couldn't be Liam, can it? He turned his head inside to see Deucalion on the ground as a human.

He was covered in dust, bleeding, and was on the ground, reaching for Nick. Nick knew it would be Deucalion. He just thought maybe it could be Liam. "Nick... Please!" Deucalion called out, reaching for him. "I'll do anything.. I-I just help me..." Nick didn't know why he was even letting this guy talk. He killed his brother, his best friend, innocents, and caused this whole werewolf apocalypse!

Nick stomped over to Deucalion, picking him up by his shirt. He lifted his arm at Deucalion. Deucalion shook his head. "No, No, No... Don't do this I-" Deucalion began to say, Nick interrupted him. "Is there any reason I shouldn't kill you right now?!" Nick said to him with his voice deeper.

Deucalion shook his head repeatedly. "No, please! I'll do anything!" And Nick, out of his control, swung his arm at Deucalion's face. When he saw his hand swing by, he had claws. The claws entered the side of Deucalion's head.

Deucalion let out a loud, screeching scream. Nick dropped Deucalion, and he transformed into a werewolf. Nick knew what he was doing was wrong, but he couldn't control it. He was killing him, but Nick wasn't trying to.

Nick leaned down, clawing Deucalion repeatedly across the face and head. Deucalion's face filled with terror, screaming and shouting. Nick than took his claws, slashing Deucalion's eyes. Blood splattered out, all over Nick's claws and the floor.

Deucalion continued screaming, and Nick took his class, slitting Deucalion's throat. Deucalion stared into the sky, his heart stopping...

Nick panted heavily, looking at all the blood. "What have I done..." He thought to himself. He than remembered what Scott told him. That he is a werewolf now. Nick transformed back, stumbling over to a building, sliding down the side. He stared at the blood on his hands, and passed out...

                              •

Nick woke up to the sound of his name being called. "Nick... Nick... Nick!" He heard. Squinting his eyes, he saw Stiles staring at him. "Thank god..." Stiles muttered. "Guys, he's awake!" He yelled. Allison, Newt, and Div came running over behind Stiles.