Chapter 8

Reader's POV

Even though I couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't open my eyes, I heard it all. I heard that animals pained screams. I felt new liquid splash onto my body. I was utterly horrified. Yes, if I hadn't called for Bill, i would be dead, but the creature didn't deserve this. 

Soon, the clearing fell silent, and the heavy footsteps of a man moved towards me. A pair of arms wrapped around me and lifted me off the ground. 

"God dammit (Y/N), what have you gotten yourself into?" A familiar voice said aloud, worry and exasperation lining his words. I could feel Bill move forward, before letting out a sigh. 

"You're quite heavy." Bill laughed out, and i wanted to reply back, but i was still unable to move. 

I soon felt my body be set down against something hard, maybe a rock or tree. I was confused, but i just let Bill do his thing.

"Now, I know you can hear me, so just let me tell you what i'm about to do. I am gonna to do something that is going to hurt, a lot. But if I don't you'll die of blood loss, and you are my only way to connect to your realm. So, be prepared to want death. See you on the other side doll!"

'What the f-AUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'

As soon as Bill's hand touched my forehead, it felt as if my entire body was on fire. Every molecule in my body seemed to be ripping apart and i wanted it to end. But, I felt my strength to speak return, and i found the force i arch my back in agony instead of laying against that tree like a dead body. I flashed open my eyes, to see a man, who i knew was Bill, kneeling over me with his hand on my head. He looked exactly like his human form in the mindscape, but he was covered in blood. 

He grabbed my bicep to hold me down, as I tried to jerk away. 

"Doll if you don't stop I'll take one of your eyes." Bill growled, still holding his hand against my forehead. 

"W-what are you-" I whispered out, suddenly feeling weak once more.

As soon as the horrible pain started, it was over. I sat up, shaking from the shock. 

"W-Where's Mable? Grenda? Candy?" I asked shakily, standing to my feet and propping myself up against a tree.  

Bills wrapped one of his arms under my own, and helped me steady myself.

"They ran off, but i think they're fine." Bill said, looking down at me.

"And you are in no condition to get back to the shack by yourself Doll. Let me help with that." And just like that, I was once again in Bill's arms. With a squeak, i wrapped my arms around the demons neck and clung to him. 

"Please don't drop me." I mumbled, still quite tired from the magic the demon used to heal me.

"Wouldn't dream of it." He grinned down at me, before suddenly, we were in the twins room in the shack, Dipper sitting and tending to the girls wounds.

Mabel, Grenda, and Candy screamed, while Dipper stared wide eyed at Bill's new human form.

"Hey Pine Tree, Shooting Star. Just had to bring Doll back. You know, cause you three left her bleeding out on the forest floor." Bill sneered, glaring at Mabel and her two friends as he laid me down onto my hammock.

I suddenly had the urge to grab the demons hand, so I did so, obviously catching him off guard. He looked down at me, his one visible eye was wide as he watched the lazy smile cross my face.

"Thanks Bill." I mumbled, suddenly feeling really tired. My grip on his hand loosened, causing him to kneel down beside my hammock.  

"Oh yeah, you may sleep for over 15 hours tomorrow. You know, side effects of dream magic. But keep your pendent on, so I can check on you if need be." Bill said, smiling down at me, before standing to his full height. With a tip of his hat, he was gone, leaving a startled group of children in front of me eager to ask questions. 

Dipper immediately ran to my side, questions dancing on the inside of his eyes. 

"Why does he care so much for you? He never cares for anyone." Dipper asked, looking down at me.

"I don't know, but having the demon as my guardian and companion is not as much of a bad thing as you may have thought."

Chapter 8 is done! I'm sorry I took so long, I couldn't find inspiration. But Bill seems to definitely become overprotective of you. Is it cause you are his gate way to the real world, or something more? Hehehehehe. Hope you all enjoyed this kind of short chapter! Phonix Out~