Chapter 9

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. Inspiration running a little low, but I found it. I was cleaning my house, you know, listening to the radio. Suddenly, Rolling In The Deep by Adele came on, allowing me to reminisce on this story. Suddenly, Bill's laugh ring's from my brothers phone, showing he was watching Dreamscapers or Weirdmaggedon. In that moment though, inspiration struck. Just the nefariousness of the laugh, combined with the song, gave me the greatest idea I've ever thought. As I continued to clean, I kept playing out scenarios, trying to find which fit best for the story. And as I got through, the climatic ending brought a grin to my face.

I knew what I was gonna do.

Get ready my little sparks.

"There's a fire starting in my heart. Reaching a fever pitch, it's bringing me out the dark."

Reader's POV

"Come on Pine Tree, let her come with me. Pleaseeeeee."

Bill whined at our front door, trying to push past Dipper, who blocked him out.

"Now that's a first, but no way Bill. We don't know what you're planning. We aren't letting (Y/N) out of our sight."

I leaned on a post near the doorway, laughing softly at the exchange between the two. Dipper had been exploring this demon on our doorstep, finding different prophecies and accounts of this creature.

"Yeah! Come on (Y/N), let's go to the mall." Mable said, grabbing my hand and yanking me from my position and out the front door. Dipper just groaned, slamming he door.

"May I accompany you two?" Bill grinned beside us, suddenly next to me with his arm across my shoulder. Mable yanked me out of Bills grasp, and pulled me faster.

I understood the dangers that this demon caused, I was told. But if anything, with my paranormal background I should be able to calm the demon. Maybe even form an alliance. Well, the alliance was already there, due to the pendant I always wore. At any moment, I could destroy it, and Bill would be stuck in the mindscape once more.

"No, Bill go away!" Mabel yelled, anger lacing her words. I just laughed, turning my head back to look at Bill. I swiped my head forward, signalling for him to join us.

The grin that spread across the demon's face mad me cringe slightly, regretting my decision.

Suddenly, we were right outside of the mall, and Bill stood in front of us grinning. Mabel was shocked, while I still tried to gain my balance.

"Dammit Bill, warn me next time you decide to teleport us across town." I whined, dusting off my clothes. 

"What the heck? I told you to go away Bill!" Mabel yelled, pointing a finger angrily at the demon.

"I can't exactly leave unless Doll says so." Bill said, smirking at me.  I groaned, throwing my head down in defeat. 

"Just, let him be Mabel. If you let him do what he wants, he'll hopefully be less of a pain later." I groaned out, walking towards the glass doors. I pushed one open, looking behind me.

"Well you two, are you coming?"

With a smirk, the demon in the suit ran to stand next to me, while Mabel dragged her body along to catch up with us. 

As we walked through the mall, The sheer presence Bill gave off seemed to push people away. Well, it might be cause he was tall, in a suit, and had a mad mans grin on his face, but it was more likely it was because that all these people were smart and could feel his dark aura.

"So, where are we going first?" I asked Mabel, turning to look at her. She looked so put out by Bill's presence, that me speaking to her seemed to snap her out of her trance.