Chapter Six Re-written

It was so warm and soft. Never in my life have a felt so comfortable. I never wanted to part from this feeling. I felt safe. I could hear i faint humming sound. It relaxed me immensely.

"Oh sweet boy. You didn't think you got away from me, right?" My body went instantly freezing cold. I'd recognize that voice anywhere. It was The Doctor.

"I..I..I'm s..sorry" I waited for the pain that would come for leaving my cell.. It would come. It always did.

"You should be! TRASH! You are only alive because of my good graces! How DARE you leave your cell!?" The voice was getting louder and louder.

I sprung up from the bed, causing a burning pain in my body. I hissed. My heart was racing and the familiar panic was crawling up from my stomach. I threw the warm cover of me and put my legs down on the floor, ready to run. I didn't make it even one meter before my knees collapsed and i fell into a warm embrace.

"Hey, hey It's alright. You're safe. You're safe" It was David, stroking my hair in a soothing manner while holding my shivering body close. I was gasping, having difficulty to breathe and my body was shaking uncontrollably. I was never going to escape. He would find me and drag me back to hell. David gently picked me up and placed me back on the bed. He stroked my hair out of my eyes and caressed my cheek. My breathing started to slow down. I looked up to David with tears blurring out my vision. He gave me a faint smile but his eyes were full of sorrow and pain. My heart stung. Was it because of me? I didn't wish any grief or pain for this man. This man who has, so far, only showed kindness and warmth, this man who I so wished were my family.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. A woman entered slowly. She had brown, warm eyes and long, black hair that reached her lower back. She was dressed simple but you could feel that she had power, authority. That scared me a little. She had a black pencil skirt that reached down to her knees, an oversized knitted sweater that looked invitingly warm and grey slippers with a little bow on top. She stood by the door, not coming closer. She was studying my reaction. She reminded me little of a shark the way she studied me, deciding if I'm good enough to eat. I shrank back into the covers, thinking she couldn't hurt me if she didn't see me but boy did i know that wasn't true..

"Jaden? It..It's mommy" Who's Jaden? And why was he so lucky to have a mommy and not me? I burrowed deeper down my covers, feeling lost, what was my plan from here on? Just continue to live here for the rest of my life? Being constantly scared that i would wake up someday and realize that this was all a long dream. Knowing that the doctor was out there, looking for me made me so scared. But i wouldn't be able to live in peace if i knew he was out there. What should i do? I pressed my eyes hard together and covered my ears. I didn't want to think for a while but i wasn't granted that when the covers were slowly lifted off me, exposing my shriveled up form. 

I felt a soft hand gently touching my back. It felt nice. I looked up, it was the woman. Now that i see her up close she didn't look as scary. She had soft facial features and very loving eyes. I instantly felt trust and warmth when i looked in her eyes. It was so weird. I've never felt like this before. I gathered my courage and spoke up for the first tim in a very long time.

"I..I'm scared" My voice came out like a squeak. I looked down at my bandaged hands.

"Why is that?" The hand continued to gently stroke my back.

"If i s..say i will get p..punished"

"I promise that nothing can hurt you here. We will get you safe. No matter what we have to to..."

There you guys go! Hope you enjoyed it. I know things have progressed quite slowly but i promise that the next chapter will be filled with exiting events! Please comment and vote. It really means a lot if you do!

Ses i nästa kapitel!