Chapter Twenty six Re-written

We walked with haste through the back alleys, making ourselves as invisible as possible. I walked closely behind Roger so that i had my eye on that slippery snake. Look away one second and he'd be gone the next and I don't have the time to search for him again. We must hurry before that damn Asmodeus gets control over his vessel. Damn it! Had I only known that he was inside David Ryers little boy then I wouldn't have to search this frantically now. I would've take care of it when he was in my cabin. Damn it all!

"Say.. Could you give me a little space? It's hard to walk with you so close to my back" Roger said and tried picking up hos pace as to create some distance between us.

"Don't test me Roger. You'll walk where I say you'll walk. Don't think for a second that I trust you." I said feeling annoyed at the situation and pressed on time. I walked with Roger's neck in a tight grip down to my car that stood parked alone under a tree a distance away from the parking lot. I opened the passenger side, shoved Roger inside the car so forcefully that he didn't have time to duck down and hit his forehead with a loud bang. Uncaring of his mumbling curses i made my way around the car to take the driver seat.

"Stop your groaning for goodness sake." I said and rolled my eyes at Roger's pathetic whimpering. I have to think of a plan before we get there. The quickest way would be to burn Asmodeus body and kill Jaden so I can trap Asmodeus soul when it gets ejected but if I kill Jaden then I would have Ashmore and the Ryers all over my ass and a fight to the death with those two would either kill me or put me out of commission for at least a few months and I can't be vulnerable for that long being the popular man that I am so that's not an option.

I followed Rogers instructions and wants further and further into the woods. I'll focus on finding Asmodeus body for now and worry about what to do next afterwards. No matter what I have to do, that bastard is never seeing the light of day again. Not after the betrayal he put me through.

THE RYER RECIDENCE

"Oh my god my poor babies. What the hell happened?" Marlene cried and looked at Jaden and Catrina that were both laying down on the king sized bed in David and Marlenes room. Catrina had a bloody nose, swollen eyes and red strangle marks on her neck while Jaden looked sickly pale with hollowed eyes and he too had strangle marks around his neck. David put his arm around Marlene to soothe her but she would have none of it and slapped away his reaching arm. She turned to look at David. She had tears that was threatening to spill from her eyes and she was furious.

"What..the hell.. happend to my babies?" She hissed through clenched teeth. David gave Marlene his most gentle look and made a new attempt to comfort her.

"I..i don't know baby but let's give them time to rest and we'll hear their story tomorrow alright?" Her face softened when she looked at David and she ran into his warm arms. She cried hysterically as David picked her up and carried her out of the bedroom and into the living room. There he sat with Marlene on his lap until she dozed off. He laid her down, kissed her forehead and tucked her in on the big grey sofa. David went back upstairs and into Jadens room. It was chaotic. The bed that was so neatly made every morning was flipped over and broken and the walls had large holes from being punched through. I took a deep breath through my nose and exhaled sharply. I was furious that I didn't come home sooner and that my kids had to go though something this awful. What the hell happened? I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I had to hear it from the kids as soon as they wake up. I won't be satisfied until I get my hands on the assailant and beat the life out of him myself.

I looked at my watch and it was the beginning of the morning hours. I hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep and even though I feel exhausted I'm probably not going to fall asleep now anyway so I might as well stay up. I made my way down to the kitchen as quietly as I could as to not wake anyone and started a pot of coffee. I could feel my eyes stinging from the exhaustion and I rubbed them whilst pouring my coffee into Marlenes favorite cup. A faint smile lifted the corners of my cheek when I thought about how happy this cup made her when I bought it for her.
I was pulled away from my thoughts when I sensed a presence around the house from the outside. I became immediately alert and stood up from the kitchen chair. There is someone out there. Who or what is skulking about in my garden?...