Chapter Twenty one Re-Written

I'm back with a new chapter! Thank you so much everyone for never giving up on this book. It makes me want to pick it up again. For your sake. Haven't been updating cuz it's been much happenings in my life. But i managed to at least give out one chapter for you!

"Where is he, Joe?! Its been hours how could we not have found him by now?!" My frustration was turning to anger. I clenched my fists tightly to maintain some self control.

"My apologies, sir. We are trying everything here but the trace just abruptly ends here. There's no scent trail or anything away from this spot." I clicked my tongue and turned around, facing the vast forest in front of me. My stomach had tied itself into a knot and my head felt like it would explode. Where the fuck was he!?

"Search everywhere! Leave no stone unturned. Dont come back until you have found him!" I yelled to my men. They nodded and scattered into the woods. I turned back to joe and gestured him to come with me. While the men searched high and low in the woods we would go into town to hunt for a certain rat...

I banged hard on the, slowly rotting, wooden door. No answer. I clicked my tongue in irritation and banged again. Harder this time.

"Maybe he's not home, sir." Joe said from behind me. I turned my head towards him.

"Of course he is. He never leaves his home. He's too scared for that." I said and banged once more on the wooden door. With each bang a small piece of wood fell off. 

"Open up! I know you're in there. I'll break down the door." I yelled. I heard weak footsteps on the other side of the door. Shuffling about as if unsure what to do. 

"Alright I warned you, Seamus. I'm coming in." I backed up a few steps, getting ready to kick in the door. But just as i were about to deliver the kick, the door creaked opened slightly. I looked at Joe and he gave me a nod. I ducked down to enter the small doorway into the dark, damp room inside. There was almost no light in the darkness. Only a small fire from an oil lamp that was placed on a desk further in. It was messy with papers and books laying about all over the room and it smelled as if the windows hadn't been open in years to air out the room. I narrowed my eyes and looked around the dirty room.

"Come now Seamus. Surely you have more manners towards your guests than this?" I said in a deep, bored voice. I adjusted my gloves to fit just right. The papers on the desk in front blew down to the floor. As if someone had run past them in a hurry. A loud bang could be heard from the kitchen area.

"D..Don't joke around, Nicolai! You're not a guest. You're just here to use me for information!" A shrill voice cut through the room. 

"If you know that then let's stop with this boring game shall we? I'm pressed with time today." I took out a lighter from my coat pocket and lit up a cigarette. I gave a gesture to Joe to turn on the lights. He gave me a nod and began to trample all over the papers in the room to find a light switch or some kind of fireplace.

"NO! NO LIGHTS!" The shrill voice yelled in horror and footsteps could be heard running towards Joe. I took a few steps forward, towards Joe and yanked up Seamus by the collar. I blew out the smoke from the cigarette and looked at Seamus.

"This is getting tiresome, Seamus. Let us talk business." The small man in my grasp just hanged his head in obedience. He was maybe 4 ft tall with a red, messy, head of hair and an equally as red and messy beard. This tiny man's hobby were selling and buying information. Information about all sorts of things but mainly whereabouts of criminals. That is why he never leaves his home. He sat on too much dangerous information.

"I'm here because i need information about Roger Smythe. He likes to go by the name The Doctor. I need to know where he is." Just saying that monsters name made my stomach churn and my anger to rise. Seamus looked to up to me and then away as if he were going through his memory in order to find that name. 

"YES! Yes him. I have some information about him, yes" The small man said quickly and scurried  towards his desk. He ripped and tossed several papers around him, making the dust on them fly around the room. He mumbled to himself and opened and closed several drawers. Suddenly he stopped.

"YES! Here it is. The information about Roger Smythe that i have, yes" He held up a single piece of paper with little writing. The small man walked towards me and handed me the paper. I looked at it with narrowed eyes. 

"This information is accurate?" I asked and looked at Seamus. His hand flew up to his chest, his expression was offended. 

"How could you inslut me so? My information is always accurate, yes!" He said in his shrill voice. I gave the paper to Joe and dug down in my pocket. 

"Here's a few gold coins for your information. If i found out it's not accurate i will come back and this time i will not only break your door but also your windpipe." I said and tossed the coins to Seamus. I turned around and walked outside. It was now nightfall again. I shall try to go to David and Marlene Ryer's place. Maybe i could get some information about Jaden there. I turned to Joe.

"Make use of the information on that paper. I trust you take some men and check it out. I shall go to the Ryer residence and search for Jaden." Joe nodded and stuffed the paper in his inner pocket. 

"Of course, sir. As you wish."  We parted ways and i took the car to the Ryer residence. Please let me find something there...