Chapter 9

It was Christmas Eve and Robbie Kay was a nervous wreck. Luckily his parents were out at a party at a hotel, where they will probably stay the night. The two of them had already eaten the dinner he had cooked and exchanged gifts. Almost all of them. He stared down at the new watch on his wrist. Brooklyn Drake, being the sweetheart she is, had purchased a brand new watch for Robbie. She had loved her small gifts, but now it was time for the real one. They were currently on his couch watching a movie she had picked. Stuck in Love? He didn't know; he was too preoccupied in his mind.

Brooklyn noticed he seems distraught and squeezed his hand.
"Are you alright, hon?"

Robbie took a deep breath. "No," he said.

Brooklyn looked at him, dumbfounded.
Robbie paused the movie and adjusted his body to face her.

"Brooklyn, do you love me?"
"That's a silly question. Of course, hon," she said with a gentle smile.

"I love you."
"I love you, too. Why are you being so dramatic?"

Robbie Kay pulled out the ring and presented it to Brooklyn Drake.

"I love you with everything I have. And this is my promise to you."

Brooklyn was speechless. She examined the ring in her boyfriends hand. It was gorgeous. The diamonds glistened perfectly in the lighting. On the inside she could see the tiniest engraving.

"I promise. XII-XXV-XVI"

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding it. Brooklyn gripped the collar of his shirt and kissed him roughly. Robbie relaxed and wrapped his arms around her torso, becoming more passionate with their kiss. She laid back on the bed slowly and pulled him down with her.

Robbie broke their kiss, breathing deeply. "So... Do you like it?"

"Oh just put the ring on me, you dork."

Robbie slipped the ring on to her dainty finger, and beamed at her. He was filled with so much love and happiness. Brooklyn blushed and looked away for a moment. She cuddled into his side and tried to hide her face. Robbie wrapped his arm around her and kissed her forehead, proud that he can say Brooklyn is his.