Chapter Two

It was already the 2nd day of school and Robbie's friends were still hounding him about the incident yesterday.

He was trying to avoid thinking of it when he had enough of his friends' talking.

Robbie slammed his hands on the table.

"SHUT UP," he roared.

One of the boys scoffed. "Calm down Rob. We just wanted an answer."

"Jase, last time I checked, it was you whose supposed to answer to me."

Jase lowered his defense and they all went back to chatting, avoiding the topic of yesterday.

Robbie sighed and mentally hit himself. He only told them to stop talking, because he himself didn't even know what happened to him. This is the first time he didn't have an answer for them, and it left him dumbfounded.

The sight of that girls eyes caused him to be speechless. Something about her, made him want to stay.

He glanced around the cafeteria for her familiar brown eyes. When he spotted her, he stood from his seat and slyly made his way over to her.

Brooklyn was in the middle of a conversation with Nicole when Robbie walked up. She looked up at him, confused as he invited himself to sit at their table.

"Hello," he said cooly.

Brooklyn was speechless. Not because of his presence, he was overly confident and it sent chills down her spine.

She looked over at Nicole, as if she had an explanation as to what to do. All she could do was shrug her shoulders.

"Well I can see you're a bit nervous, darling. So I'll say it again." he said arrogantly. "Hiiiiiiii." he said loudly.

Nicole cleared her throat and glared at him. "We heard you the first time."

"Well if you haven't noticed, I wasn't talking to you was I? No."

Robbie narrowed his eyes at Nicole and said,"I was talking to Brooklyn."

"I don't care, Kay. She doesn't need you screwing up her first year here."

With that last remark, Nicole stood up, pulling Brooklyn with her, and left the cafeteria. Before they were completely through the doors, Robbie caught Brooklyn's eyes and have her a wink; it sent chills down her back, but strangely it made her blush..

••••

"So what's with you and that new girl?"

"I don't know honestly."

Robbie was laying on his best friend's couch, racking his brain about Brooklyn.

Connor James has had the tittle of Robbie's best friend for quite a while. They don't even know the count of years. Around ten years at most.

"Robbie....", Connor said. "We both know there's something you haven't told me."

Robbie threw his face in his hands and let out a frustrated groan.

"Brooklyn and I met over the summer.."

Conner's eyes widened in confusion.

"Um, when? I don't remember you with her at all?"

Robbie let out a nervous laugh and continued. "Remember when you left to see your dad for two weeks..."

"Please tell me you're kidding."

"I wish I was."

"Why are you just now telling me?!"

"I'm sorry okay? I just. I didn't think I'd ever see her again.." Robbie looked up at Connor, expecting him to say something. Instead he made a hand motion to continue talking.

"She said she wasn't going to be in town long, because her dad was there for a job interview; they didn't think he'd get it. Apparently it was a really big deal.

Anyways, as weird and cheesy as it is, I fell in love with the girl," he let out an exasperated sigh.

Connor burst out laughing.

"You're a riot sometimes Rob," he said through laughs. "You. Robbie Kay. In love. Hysterical." He continued to laugh until he looked up to see Robbie staring at the floor.

"Yeah. Hilarious I know..."

Connor's laugh faded his expression came off more serious and apologetic. "Robbie I didn't think you were serious."

"It's okay."

"Can you elaborate the story a bit more..?"

"Well, the fling lasted two weeks. I mean she's amazing. They left because he didn't get it. I don't know why she's back," he trailed off.

"Does he know about, um, your reputation?"

"That's just it. I don't know what I'm going to do. I want her back. For those two weeks I kind of put off my rep. It was hard as hell, but I did it for her. and now she's here and it's going to drive her away."

"Maybe she won't care?" Connor suggests.

"I doubt it I mean I've already been an asshole to her," Robbie says, rolling his eyes.

Then Robbie stood up and flopped himself on Connor's bed, flat on his face. Connor just watched him. He didn't know what to tell his mate. Honestly speaking he doesn't remember a time Robbie, himself didn't know what to do.

"He definitely didn't lie about loving this girl," Connor thought. "because he's really pulling himself apart for her."