Chapter Four

It was 9 a.m. and Robbie Kay sat, bored in his second period class. In reality he only seemed bored. Thoughts were racing around in his mind. He was already questioning who he really is. What Brooklyn said didn't help any either. Is he really what everyone assumes he is? Or his he the guy Brooklyn had met weeks ago?

"I've got to talk to her later."

••••••

Brooklyn and Nicole wove their way through the busy cafeteria, sitting at their usual spot. Nicole started rambling on and on about how they should start the economics project they'd partnered up on. Brooklyn was too distracted to know what she was saying though. Her eyes were searching around the crowded cafeteria for a certain person. A certain green eyes boy who had her thoughts clouded.

*snap snap snap snap*

Nicole was snapping and waving a hand in front of Brooklyn's face, trying to grab her attention.

"BROOKLYN. L I S T E N." Nicole snapped. She wasn't exactly the most patient person.

Brooklyn broke her gaze and turned to Nicole. "Sorry. I've been a bit distracted lately."

"I've noticed," Nicole rolled her eyes. "This project was assigned Monday and you still haven't pitched any ideas. It's Friday!"

Brooklyn sighed and laid her face in her hands. "I know. Robbie ha-"

"Didn't I say that he was a bad person to be around?"

"Well yeah but-"

"And I've been meaning to ask how he knew your name the other day?" Nicole continues questioning.

"It's actually a funny stor-"

"Plus another thing. How did you already know his name? Didn't you just move here I mean-"

Brooklyn was bright red, an tired of Nicole cutting her off. "Well maybe you'd have answers if you'd stop cutting me off," she snapped.
Nicole stopped talking and Brooklyn's eyes widened as she realized what she'd said.

"I-I'm sorry Nicole. I didn't mean to snap like that," she apologized.

Nicole shrugged her shoulders and started eating again. "It's okay. I shouldn't have kept interrogating you. I had it comin."

Brooklyn sighed that she wasn't mad at her sudden rudeness.

"But really, what's up with you and a guy like Robbie Kay?"

Panic settled in and Brooklyn didn't know what to tell her. If she said she and Robbie had dated, nothing would go well. As far as she knew, Nicole hated him.

"W-well nothing. I'm sure he just wanted t-to pick on the new girl..?"

"It makes sense. He loves picking on "fresh meat"," she agreed. "Plus, you're the girl everyone's talking about."

"Um, what? Why?" Brooklyn said a bit scared.

"Isn't it obvious?" Nicole raised an eyebrow. Brooklyn just looked at her, expecting her to continue what she was saying.

"You made Robbie Kay stop in his tracks. Speechless."

In all honesty, Brooklyn was still confused. She knew Robbie could be a bit daring sometimes, but the first day of school she finds out he's the most feared boy around? And now Nicole is saying that him being thrown off for hardly five minutes, has been the biggest topic of the line and it's been a week since it happened.

"Is it really that bad?" Brooklyn winced.

"Very."

••••••

It was the end of the day and every one was already parting ways, leaving the hallways empty. As usual, Brooklyn Drake was the last to pack up her things. She had just finished up as a pair of strong arms shut her locker and blocked her from leaving.

It startled her as she looked up and saw the confusing green eyed boy standing in front of her.

"Uh.. Robbie?"

He let out a small laugh and leaned closer to her. She felt his lips lightly brush her ear. "Hey sweetheart," he whispered. His deep voice sent chills down her back, making her tense up.

"I-I um. Uh," Brooklyn stuttered.

Robbie chuckled. "Why are you stuttering sweetheart? Didn't you say you wanted to talk?"

"Yes but-"

"But what?" He pulled back a bit. "I'm here, ready to listen." Robbie said, giving a strange grin.

Brooklyn was, frankly, confused as hell. Robbie seemed much different than what he was the night before. She took a good look at him now. His eyes clouded over with seriousness.

"R-Robbie..." she stuttered once more. "What are you doing?" she asked trying to be strong.

Robbie blinked a few times and looked down at Brooklyn. His face flushed red and he backed up a little. He scratched at the back of his head nervously.

"Sweethear- I mean Brooklyn. I'm sorry. I just. I haven't been me since you moved here and I can't collect my thoughts an-"

Robbie was cut off by Brooklyn kissing him. He was startled at first but realized what was happening. He backed up. "We definitely need to talk."

Brooklyn crossed her arms. "Yeah I know. And you should start with your so called "reputation"."