Chapter Six

Robbie was sitting in Brooklyn's driveway. His mind racing and his heart pounding. It was almost time for his second first date with Brooklyn. For some reason he was beyond nervous; he didn't even know why. He looked up at the time on his dash.

7:58.

He decided he'd better go ring the bell by now, after all, he'd been sitting there for the past 10 minutes.

Robbie opened his door and got out. Then made his way up to the doorstep. After ringing the bell, he waited there awkwardly. Soon the door opened to a tall, husky figure.

A.k.a Brooklyn's father.

"Oh! H-hello Mr.Drake," Robbie stuttered nervously. He had met her dad a thousand times, but it felt like the first date all over again.

Mr. Drake slowly gave Robbie a smile. "Why hello Robbie," he said with a laugh. He stuck his hand out and Robbie shook his hand nervously. "It's been a while, boy. Welcome back," he gave a toothy grin. "Brooklyn!" He called down a long hallway. "Robbie's here!"

Then suddenly, light footsteps were heard running down the hall. "Hey Robbie," she smiled.

Robbie smiled wide and laughed a little at her appearance. Brooklyn was wearing a muscle shirt tucked in a skirt. She clearly hadn't been over thinking it because she was barefoot; her shoes and socks in her hand with her phone in the other. She was casual and a bit messy, but that's what he loved about her.

"Let's go!" she said excitedly, grabbing Robbie's arm and pulling him towards his car. Mr. Drake laughed and shut the door. Robbie sighed, glad that he trusts him.

Brooklyn almost literally jumped into the passenger seat. Her excitement was showing immensely. Robbie let out a chuckle as he slid into the drivers seat and started the engine.

"Where are we going?" she asked excitedly.

"You'll know."

••••

The sun was setting as they pulled up to the park. Robbie turned off the car and stepped out. He hurried over to Brooklyn's side to let her out, except she was already out.

"Brooklyn I was supposed to open your door for you," Robbie whined.

She laughed lightly and ran through the park gates excitedly.

"This is where our first first date was," she said smiling happily at the memory.

"Now we can have our second first date here," Robbie smiled. "Come with me."

Brooklyn ran up beside him and he intertwined their hands a they walked. They walked a few minutes into the park. Then she saw it.

Robbie had come in an hour earlier to set up a beautiful setting. Fairy lights were wrapped up and down trees surrounding the area. A huge blanket was laid out in the center with a big bag.

Brooklyn let go of Robbie's hand and ran to the blanket. She opened the bag and it smelled like... Taco Bell? Brooklyn couldn't contain her laughter and fell over in hysterics. Robbie sat down beside her and shrugged.

"It probably would have been more romantic if I made a picnic," he said. "but I can't cook and I know you love Taco Bell," he smiled sheepishly.

When her laughing died down, she leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"That's okay Robster. I was craving Taco Bell anyways."

He smiled as he watched her happily dig into the bag and pull out four tacos. 'She always loved to eat a lot,' he laughed to himself.

She looked up at him and said with all seriousness,"you got me a baja blast right?"

Robbie laughed and nodded. It was in a small cooler by one of the trees to stay cool.

They laughed and talked all night until all the food was gone. Now they lay side by side, looking to the stars.

********

Brooklyn was talking about what had happened after she moved home momentarily. Seeing her brother again who was in college and visiting realitives she was leaving behind.

Robbie propped himself up in his elbows an looked over at Brooklyn, taking in her features. The way her hair always fell perfectly in place. Her smile always genuine and the creases that formed in the corners of her eyes when she laughed. She wasn't perfect, she didn't need to be either.

Brooklyn stopped talking and looked up at at him, her brown eyes meeting his gaze. He was focused on her, but he looked calm and relaxed. She could see his eyes moving, looking over her. Oddly out of the blue, her cheeks become hot and were blushing bright pink. Embarrassed, she picked up Robbie's hoodie from her side and covered her face.

Robbie chuckled lightly at this. "Brooklyn," he whispered in her ear. He pushed down the hoodie down until he could see her eyes. They stared at each other until she felt a chill go down her back. Brooklyn sat up and pulled his sweatshirt over her head to cover her sleeveless arms. When she had it adjusted she laid back down, pulling Robbie down with her.

He leaned towards her and started kissing up her neck and along her jawline. She sighed, relaxed and happy to be there with just him. He kept going until he reached her ear. Robbie started whispering sweet nothings to her. How he was so happy to have her and how amazing she was.

"God you're so perfect Brooklyn," he breathed out. Then he stopped and stared at her.

They looked into each other's eyes from a moment. He opened his mouth to speak. Words wouldn't come out; he was clearly nervous.

"Brooklyn, I... I love you." He pushed out.

A smile grew on her lips and she whispered an 'I love you back' to him. Robbie let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding. He laid his back on the blanket again and moved closer to her. She reached over for his hand and he interlocked their fingers without hesitation. They continued staring up at the stars and a happy smile grew on his lips as he looked up at the sky.

She still loved him.