Chapter 7

Robbie hadn't taken Brooklyn home until 11 that night. They both fell asleep in his car as soon as they pulled into her driveway. Brooklyn's eyes fluttered awake at 5 am that Sunday morning. She stretched her arms out, hitting the door in the process; she'd forgotten she fell asleep in Robbie's car.
She rubbed her eyes gently and looked over at the sleeping boy in the seat beside her. Robbie's eyes were shut. He had a small smile his arms folded across his chest. His head leaned against the car window and his hair was slightly tousled. Brooklyn smiled at how peaceful and cute he looked as he snored softly.
Brooklyn decided it was time for him to wake up or he'd have a terrible back ache from sleeping in the car. She reached over and have him a light shake.
"Robbie," she whispered softly.
He started to shift over to his left, blocking her so he could sleep.
"Robbie Kay," she said a bit louder.
*snore*
She gave him one last shake, harder than the earlier ones.
"Robbie Andrew Kay. Wake up!"
Robbie's eyes shot open and he looked around frantically. Once his eyes landed on you and he looked you over once, he calmed down. He reached over as held your hand, rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb.
"I forgot we fell asleep in the car and I freaked out," he said smiling embarrassed.
Brooklyn smiled up at him and leaned up to kiss him on the cheek.
"I should go," she said. Her hand moved to open the car door when Robbie reached over and grabbed her hand.
"Are we telling everyone?" he asked.
"We need to say eventually," she smiled reassuringly. "I'm okay with it if you are."
"Then I guess all of Briarwood will know tomorrow," he smiled. "I'll pick you up in the morning okay?"
"I'll see you tomorrow," she said. Brooklyn gave him a kiss goodbye and left the car. He watched her run up her doorsteps in his hoodie until she turned and waved. Then he started his engine back up and headed back home.
****
Monday Morning
****
Brooklyn leaned over and hit her alarm. She let out a groan an rolled out of bed. She wasn't exactly a morning person. Her eyes glanced over at the still ringing alarm clock. 7:50.
'Dammit', she thought. Robbie would be there around 8:00 an she was just now waking up. Brooklyn rushed into her closet as she hurriedly put on jeans and a T-shirt. Today she decided she'd go without makeup. She practically ran down the stairs and said a quick goodbye to her father. Brooklyn threw her backpack over her shoulder and stepped outside. Just as she slipped her converse on, Robbie pulled up in his red Mustang. She skipped down the sidewalk to the passenger side and let herself in.
Brooklyn let out a tired sigh and turned to Robbie. "Good morning," she said kissing his cheek.
"Good morning darling," Robbie smiled. "Ready to go?"
"Um. Can we stop by and buy some food," she smiled sheepishly.
"Of course," he laughed.

••••

Brooklyn and Robbie stood at the main entrance of Briarwood. He reached over and slowly intertwined their hands. He looked down at her with an expression as if he was asking 'are you sure?'
Brooklyn sucked in a deep breath and nodded, looking straight forward. They proceeded down the school'a main hallway to her locker. Neither of them dared to meet the questioning glances all around them. Brooklyn could feel other girl' jealous glares burn into the back of her head. Robbie only looked down at her, making sure she was okay. He gave her hand a light squeeze, reminding her he's there for her. Brooklyn relaxed a bit but the worry was still evident in her eyes.

Eventually they reached her locker and Robbie let out a breath he didn't know he's been holding. Brooklyn open her locker quickly and tried sheltering herself from the glares of jealous girls. Most girls at Briarwood found Robbie very attractive. But his reputation stood and not many was willing to take that risk except a few girls.

Robbie leaned down and whispered to Brooklyn. "Are you okay? Are you embarrassed?" Worry laced in his tone.
She took a deep breath. "It's fine. I'm just not used to having so many people looking at me at the same time. It's very stressful how do you do this everyday?" She said exasperated.

Robbie let out a chuckle and slung an arm around her waist. "Because I don't care about what they think about me. Just you."