Bri - 6

"I told yo ass stop giving him yo damn car, he did this shit yesterday."
"Can you just come get me Keysha," I said, tired of hearing her mouth already.
"Where is he?"
"I don't know, I didn't ask but its not like him to not come home without a text or call."
"So what that tell you? That don't ring a bell to you Bri? Riiiiing , Riiiing"
"Chill."
"Now we gone be late because of this nigga, I told you what you needed to do baby. You gone listen to yo best friend one day. Bout to pull up on you in like 5."
"Kay."
I hung up the phone and continued putting the finishing touches on my make up. I ain't gone stunt like my man is Mr. Perfect but I really don't think he's up to anything. I mean he loves me and he knows that I love him too. He's done some stupid shit in the past that should make me question his loyalty, but I strongly believe those days are over. Some of the things that Keysha say sometimes really do make me wonder. She does have a point on some things but at the same time, Keysha don't have a man and a wise man once told me "misery loves company." I glanced down at my ring, and thought to myself I love my husband. I heard a blow outside. I walked out the house locking the door behind me. I got in the car with Keysha.

She stared me down.
"Girl come on nah," I said, not wanting to hear her shit.
"Hmmmph I done told you, I done told you."
"Just drive Keysha," I said shaking my head.
Her phone rung.
"Hello? What ? A baby?"
I could hear a man on the other end of the phone. Whoever it was seemed to be fast talking.
"Hold on, hold on. Wait. What?"
"I'm picking up Bri."
"Yea, she right hea."
"Hold on!"
Click.
"Who the fuck was that?" I asked curiously.
Whoever it had been, seemed to change her whole mood.
"It was Rob," she said damn near quietly.
"Well?" I asked confused , "What did he say?"
"Nothing."
"Whatever," I said as I glanced out of the window only to see my car pull up behind us at a high speed.
"Hold up!" I opened the door and walked to my car as Brandon was getting out. He appeared drunk, words slurred, and sweating.
"Baby I'm so so sorry. I let time pass me by. I meant to come home, I promise. I was at Rod house and I fell asleep."
"It's okay Brandon."
"It's okay?" Keysha yelled, getting out of her car.
"Chill Keysh."
"Hell no! Fuck that, check this nigga!"
"Shut the fuck up Keysha!"
"B, stop it!"
"Naw I'm tired of this shit!"
"Fuck you nigga! I just talked to Rob," she said with a sneaky grin.
Instantly Brandon went from 100 to 0.
"What he say Keysha?" I asked.
"Nothing, he said he was there," she said still smiling as she got back in the car and pulled off.
"Brandon what's going on? Are you drunk what happened?"
"Yea. I went to Rod house last night after I washed the car. He had a lil party going on last night, drinks and couple bitches here and there. I got me a drink, ducked off and fell asleep."
"What was all that with Keysha, B?"
"Nothing, I don't want you hanging with her no more!"
"What the fuck ? Seriously?"
"I'm dead ass serious. She don't do shit but sit around stirring up shit, tryna cause unneeded problems in my household!"
"That's my best friend B ! I don't say shit bout yo niggas!"
"My niggas don't be on that dumb shit!"
"Whatever B! I'm late for work," I said walking to my car. He grabbed my arm.
"I'm dead ass serious."
I pulled my arm out of his grasp and proceeded to work. He watched me the entire time as I backed out of the driveway. What the fuck was his problem, I thought to myself. My mind quickly navigated to Keysha and what could Rob have possibly told her.