Chapter Two: New Home, New World.

Lorik wasn't joking when he said it was going to be a long trip, at first I enjoyed the ride by admiring the sights from down below and enjoying the nice breeze but now it was becoming uncomfortable.

The sun had lowered itself for its timely slumber while the moon had risen to glow through out the dark sky, I shuddered from the chilly air sweeping across my body and tightened my grip on the leather reins. It was becoming difficult to keep myself sitting in a straight postured position, my muscles tensed between my shoulders and my bottom was sore from the hard saddle.

As if sensing my discomfort, the creature slowly started to descend.

A rush of wind blew my hair wildly as something large flew past us, I couldn't make out what it was but I could hear a loud thud come from below us.

We swooped through a wall of clouds and I couldn't believe my eyes, below me a large floating island stood a glow in mid air.

Large iron spiked gates protected it's entrance and as we settled down in front of them I found two shirtless guards standing on each side wielding large swords.

Lorik stood in front of the gates with a welcoming smile."Darling Emerald, I can't tell you how happy I am for you to join my home and my family." He lifted his hand in the air and flicked his wrist.

The two guards quickly grasped the handles to the iron gates and began pulling it open. Laughter flowed from inside and I could hear the soft strum of a Mandolin, the low whistle of a flute and silky woman's voice.

With a gesture of his hand, Lorik took a small how towards me."Welcome to Scalefire, your new home."

I slowly climbed of the creature and began wandering beyond the gates, my eyes searched everywhere in hopes of capturing all the glorious beauties in my mind. I kept thinking it would all disappear in a blink of an eye.

I was quickly followed by Lorik, he carried my small bag as he walked beside me. His features held no interest or excitement, maybe because he lived in this magical home and saw its beauties every day. As for me, I had lived in my little cottage all my life, roaming through the woods and playing with the friendly tree's. My mother never allowed me to leave her side, especially to go near the town.

She had been so afraid of the town's people, though they never harmed her and only came to her for help she feared what they would do to a witch's daughter. Many people wanted things in their life and magic could make those things happen with a snap of fingers, sometimes their wants could corrupt their minds.

My inner thoughts were interrupted by the loud laughter bellowing in the air and the chiming giggles that followed, focusing my gaze in front of me I found myself standing in the middle of what seemed to be the island's town. Right in the middle sat a group of people surrounding a blazing fire pit, their faces filled with joy and bodies swaying to music.

One man in particular caught my eye, a smirk curved along his plump lips and the reflection from the fire danced in his amethyst gaze, his bare chest glistened with sweat causing his lengthy hair to matte against the side of his neck in a damp mess. I didn't have much experience with men nor did I meet a good share of them but I had truly never seen such a good looking one.

Many young women sat around the fire, some seemed to only enjoy the festive mood while others had their twitchy fingers on the gorgeous man. I watched as they ran their fingers down his chest, through his hair and even had their lips against his neck.

Lorik noticed as well and the rage was shown vividly in his features, he marched over to the little gathering and all fell silent. The music jerked to a stop, the laughter ceased and all that could be heard was the embers crackling in the fire.

"What is this?, Your throwing a party on this night of all nights?, Dear boy I hope the heat from the flames is what's making you so daft because surely you wouldn't be so empty headed as to celebrate like this tonight." He gritted through clenched teeth.

The beautiful man leaned his head to the side carelessly and kept the cocky smirk on his face."What makes tonight so special Father?, Just because you're bringing some witch here for me to marry?, Marriage is only an arrangement and nothing more, I have not promised myself to this woman nor have I pronounced to love her. I can still do as I wish." He said smoothly.

Lorik's top lip lifted in disgust, the brown earnest eyes that had been there only a few moments ago were replaced with a bright amber gaze and his black pupils switched into slits. The voice that came from his mouth held a deeper, darker tone."How dare you disgrace me Cassius!, Most of all how dare you disgrace your soon to be wife!, You let these women fawn over you right in front of the eyes of your bride!" He boomed.

Cassius's gaze quickly shifted to me, his eyes held no happiness, no warm welcoming. They were nothing but purple pools of anger, disgust and down right hatred. He jolted from his seat and stood upright."This is she!?, You told me she was the daughter of a powerful witch....no some slave girl, look at the clothes she wears!, Nothing but tatters of ugly cloth, she does not dress like royalty and she certainly bears no beauty!" He hissed.

Curiously I looked down at my plain dress, truthfully it was old, had a few tears here and there but I didn't find it ugly. My mother had made it from what little scraps she could gather, it wasn't easy walking into a town full of people who referred to you as the all powerful witch. It wasn't like she could stride into a dress shop and ask."Oh, may I have some of your finest imported silk?, For free of course."

Cassius narrowed his eyes in my direction and snorted."I will not marry her, she doesn't look like she's meant to walk down the aisle. She looks like she should be scrubbing floors, shining silverware and serving those more powerful than her. Hell the women slaves from our own town would make better wives then her!" He shouted.

Lorik presented Cassius with a look and if looks could kill, Cassius would be lying on the ground stone cold. Without saying another word Lorik placed his hand on my shoulder and began guiding me away from the small bonfire."Emerald please accept my deep apologies for my sons behavior, I understand you're very tired from the long ride and now your insulted. Let me show you to your room so you may rest for the night and tomorrow you will be served better treatment." He said firmly.

I was definitely grateful for being given a room to rest in, i'm sure if it was up to his son I would be sleeping in a barn with the rats and moldy hay. My mind felt fried, my body ached and I felt highly unwelcome in my new home.

A large stone castle towered over the rest of the small houses and another iron gate surrounded it with more guards, I was taken inside and escorted to my room.

The room was huge, bigger then my entire house. It was filled with beautiful trinkets, silks and fluffy pillows. All fit for a princess it seemed.

I wouldn't have been more excited if my mood wasn't so droopy from the long travel and harsh welcome. The only happiness I received was from curling up on the soft bed and shutting my eyes.