Chapter Eighteen: I'll Give You My Heart

Recommended Music For This Chapter: Lament Of The Shadow Elves- Peter Gundry

So many thoughts clouded my minded as I rushed back to my room, I couldn't believe Savon had been alive all this time. Cassius made a big mistake by lying to me but his own father crossed a fine line, he kept Savon locked away from me and even tried to execute him.

Ever since I arrived to this awful kingdom its been one horrible thing after another and even though they were all directed towards me, I stayed. I kept telling myself it was my job to keep my mothers vow, that I had a commitment to this arranged marriage but I didn't. Cassius made me sick, I knew the type of person he was now and I hated him. I couldn't see myself spending my life with him, having to lay in the same bed or even producing a heir for him.

Shivering in disgust, I ran my hands along my arms as if to wipe away the dirty feeling I got from evening thinking about it all. I gave my head a firm shake as I walked into my room and rested my gaze upon Savon. His clothes were torn, his face bruised, overall he looked quite terrible and it pained me to see him in such a vulnerable state.

I glanced at the supplies some of the servants had left for me and bit my lip as I thought, I knew it would take him a great deal of time to heal normally.

Slowly walking over to the bed, I gently tore open his raggedy shirt and exposed his bruised chest. Even though his chest was toned with light muscle, I could see certain ribs poking out because they had been broken.

Taking a deep breath, I grabbed an empty silver bowl from the supplies and dumped its contents onto the floor. Setting the bowl on the bed, I then picked up a small knife and dragged it along my palm. Bright red droplets began coating the base of the bowl and I tossed the knife onto the bed along with the other supplies. Looking down at the bowl, I held my bloody hand above it and watched as a small flame ignited inside. White smoke curled from the bowl as the liquid inside sizzled and hissed.

Once the flame diminished itself, I scooped my hand inside the bowl and looked down at my palm to see crystallized red dust. Taking a few steps closer to Savon, I loomed over him and blew onto my hand. The red powder twirled through the air before flowing past Savon's parted lips, his body jerked as glowing red veins spread across his entire body.

The dark bruises along his face melted away and his clicked themselves back into place, his entire body shimmered before he jerked upwards and began coughing violently. He patted his chest as he slowed his coughing and looked at me."Emerald?, What did you do?" He questioned in a raspy voice.

My head swooned and before I could hurt myself, Savon gently pulled me down onto the bed next to him and grabbed my bloody hand. He began wrapping it with bandages and fussing over me like an overprotective guardian, meanwhile I couldn't do much but stare.

"Do you know how much agony I've been in?, They told me that you were dead and I couldn't get your face out of my head, I couldn't stop seeing those bright blue eyes and oh how they haunted me. The reality of loosing you...almost killed me." I whispered sadly.

Savon paused from wrapping my hand, he stared at me with cloudy eyes and a blank expression on his face. He blinked a few times before quickly shrugging in response."Your more important Emerald, I can be replaced. If I had died then your father would have sent someone new to protect you." He replied blankly.

I cupped his face with both of my hands and looked him dead in the eyes, my own gaze filled with fierce anger."How can you say that to me?, I threatened to kill Cassius's lover because of you Savon and I meant ever word. If Cassius had really murdered you then I would have painted this kingdom with his blood with out blinking, I would have done it for you. Because to me you can not be replaced, your special..." I murmured softly.

He looked away from my gaze, taking a deep breath he blew out a sigh."Emerald, I am nothing like Cassius. I'm not some immature boy who's had everything handed to him, I have a dark past and I...I...there's between us." He said in a defeated tone.

Leaning in close to his ear, I let my warm breath fan against the side of his cheek as I whispered."If you are only my protector then why did you threaten everyone just as I did and if you truly believe there's nothing between us then why did my marriage to Cassius upset you. Can you see his lips claiming my own, his hands exploring my body and his voice whispering into my ear. Does that not upset you?"

Savon flew off the bed in one quick movement, his even breathing turned into heavy panting and his hands clenched into fists. He paced in front of the bed, his eyes glaring at the floor."Yes it upsets me!, I sat down in that dark hole and all I could see were your green eyes, those beautiful orbs kept me alive. The thought of never seeing you again physically hurt me, it made everyday worth fighting for though."

He halted his pacing and turned to me with burning eyes, he carefully climbed his way back onto the bed and hovered over me. His warm touch sent chills through my body as he gently slid my nightgown upwards until my thighs were visible. With one strong tug, he hooked my leg around his waist and lowered his head towards my own. I watched as his eyes traveled along the curves of my chest and finally landed on my lips."You should be mine..." He breathed.

My eyelids became heavy, yet my entire body stayed alert and excited. He ran his delicate touch up my arm and firmly pinned my wrist to the bed. An eager moan slipped from my lips, using my free hand I intertwined my fingers through his silky hair."You Are Mine." He growled.

Suddenly I was pulled upwards and I found myself straddling his lap, he gripped my hips firmly and clamped his teeth onto the fabric covering my shoulder. I watched as he tore off the sleeve of my night gown, leaving my shoulder expose and the torn fabric loosely covering my breast. He placed an open mouth kiss on my shoulder before a searing hot pain pierced my shoulder, it felt as though my skin were on fire. I was torn between the world of pain and bliss, the feeling became so intense that I was thrown into a sudden darkness.