Mini Chapter: Savon's Pov

You know what I really hated?

People slacking off.

Since I decided to take it upon myself to leave the premises to check on Emerald I had extra work that needed to be done, but my work load was supposed to be shared with my assistant. I wasn't a lucky fellow who received a level headed man to help me, oh no I got the dense moron who was stupid enough to stick his head into a pile of hot coals.

After asking around I found out that my assistant had wondered outside, it was a good thing the Outcasted base was set on an secluded island. A larger dark and dreary castle settled in front of a vast land of muddy water, with the constant fog looming around us we knew no one would ever see us from above and considering it was the only way to get to use, I'd say we were pretty safe.

I exited the large castle and looked around, sure enough Edison stood on the front shore along with a friend. He held a long stick in his hand and repeatedly poked at a limp object on the ground, I shook my head in annoyance and crossed my arms over my chest."Edison!, What are you doing out here?" I called out.

Edison jumped in surprise and threw the stick behind him, he casually scratched the top of his ruffled blonde head and shrugged."N-nothing boss, just talking a walk with my pal and we came across this girl here....I think she's dead." He said while glancing down.

Unfolding my arms from my chest I began making my way towards the two, as I got closer I could smell a thick scent of blood hanging in the air and it smelled familiar.

I knelt down next to the body of a girl and gently rolled her onto her back, I expected to see a strangers face but instead I saw Emeralds. Pain seared through my chest as I pulled her onto my lap and gently stroked her cold cheek, A line of dried blood trailed from her nose, along her cupids bow and past her blue tinged lips.

Cursing underneath my breath I stood up with her in my arms and rushed towards the castle, I ignored the glances from others throughout the halls and went straight to my room. I laid Emerald down on my bed and covered her pale body with blankets before sitting down on the bed next to her."I told you living there was a bad idea, why didn't you listen to me damn it!" I whispered angrily.

Edison walked into the room and dropped my dagger onto the bed."We found this stuck in the ground next to her, I don't know if it helps or not." He ran his gaze over Emerald and frowned."She's pretty...but are you sure she's not dead?, Cause she looks dead."

Getting off the bed I marched towards Edison with a murderous gaze, with each step I took towards him he took two more backwards. His back hit the wall of my bed room and I grabbed him by the front of his neck."How long has she been out there!, You just stood there poking at her instead of helping her!" I snarled.

His eyes bulged from his head as he grabbed onto my hand."I....D-didn't.." He sputtered in a high raspy voice.

Keeping my firm grasp on his neck I pulled him forward before slamming his body back against the wall, I used so much force that tiny cracks formed behind him. Leaning my face close to his I growled next to his ear."You cant say sorry to me, you let her rot in the cold and each moment her heart slowed with each sickening beat. You've put a claim on your own head, I'll be collecting soon."

I dropped his worthless body to the ground and turned my attention back to Emerald, I knew no one here would believe me if I told them that she was Raphael's daughter. They would want to hear it straight from our leaders lips but he was off on business, I had no choice but to take her back to Scalefire for help.