Short Mini Chapter: Lorik Pov

Time had passed by swiftly and luckily Emeralds health kept improving, Cassius had wandered off to his room and I had stationed servants among the dining hall until Emerald were to awake. I returned to my bedroom chambers and Numissa entered shortly after me, she slid her robe off and tossed it onto the bed before turning to me."Do you plan on keeping that boy in the cells for ever?" She questioned.

Keeping my gaze away from her, I slowly made my way over to the bed and sat down. I shrugged my shoulders lightly and sighed."No, I can't allow anyone to know he's here and I have to keep a strong role as a leader. I plan on having him executed, no one will find out that he had been in the castle and he wont be able to run off."

Numissa rushed over to me, her light blonde hair flowed like an angelic curtain in the air and her gentle hands grasped my face. She lifted my head upwards and looked down into my eyes."You cannot do this, Emerald already believes the boy is dead because our son told her so and she's broken because of it. If you kill this man then your hands will be stained with his blood, will you be able to handle that Lorik?" She asked in a hushed whisper.

Hanging my head low I gently placed my hands on her hips and stroked her silky waist with my fingertips."My family is important to me Numissa and my people, I know this is a costly decision but it must be done. He's easily gotten himself into our territory twice now, if given the chance then he could bring us to our down fall and I wont allow it."

Her soft fingers caressed the side of my face and she slid herself onto my lap."I understand my love but I beg of you, give this man a fair trial in secret and then make a choice. I fear that if you do this then you will never be the same again, I do not want to loose the man I fell in love with so many years ago over this. Please do this for me." She said as she laid her head against my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around her gently and held her against my chest, I never liked having my wife upset and truthfully I could never turn her down. The fear in her voice troubled me but I knew she was right, if I let myself make choices without rational thinking then I would be lost for ever and she would be alone. Cassius is to weak to be there for her and Emerald is not bonded to the royal family, my darling wife would not survive the lonesome. If she wanted me to give the Outcasted a secret trial then I would do so for her.