Chapter 5

The sun was setting over the horizon, streaks of red and yellows running across the sky and prancing about, hiding behind shrubs and trees to give them a highlight. The trip was about five minutes, the two stopping at one point so that [F/N] could buy some canned coffee at the store. He wanted something with him to drink other than alcohol. He had always been raised that drinking wasn't appropriate and knew his father would kill him if found out.

The house they went to was in the fancy side of town, a two story home located on a hill with a mote around it as if it belonged to wealthy king, and in a sense, it did. The owner of the home was Feferi and Meenah peices themselves and they were the most wealthy landowners in the state. [F/N] sighed in the front seat, gazing up at the house in front of him and wondered why he was even doing this.

"Come on [F/N], i wwant to go in."

"Then don't wait up."

"But i wwant to go in wwith you."

"Eridan, dont be so clingy."

"Wwhatevver."

[F/N] rolled his eyes and got out of the car before opening the door for Eridan, smiling and kissing his upturned cheek as he got out.

"Dont be such a baby, you wanted me to come and here i am."

"Yeah but i dont wwant to sit in the car and wwatch you breathin wwhen i could be inside and havvin a fun time [F/N]."

"Eridan, no sex for you tonight."

He threw his hands up and stomped off, "wwe dont evven havve sex!"

[F/N] laughed happily and skipped after the other, shouting out, "I know!"

They clasped one another's hands and went inside the house, Eridan claiming that knocking was too mainstream, and were immediately hit by the blasting music.

"Wow." Was all that [F/N] could say as he was almost speechless at the turn out. Almost everyone he knew was there and he was slowly realizing all that he'd been missing out on.

Eridan had vanished within seconds and [F/N] roamed about the area on his own, running into vriska and john who were making out and a few other very public couples, but no karkat.

He did however run into jade who popped out from behind a counter. "Hey [F/N]!" She giggled with a smile.

"Hey Harley, what's up?" He asked, smiling and taking a small sip from his coffee.

"Nothing really. I was hanging out with Dave a few moments ago, do you want to join us after i grab a glass of some tea?"

"Sure, that sounds like a good time."

"Oh, by the way," she asked as she poured her cup, "is that canned coffee?"

"Yee, wanna taste?"

"Yes! Id love to! Ive never actually drank canned coffee before hehe." She giggled and excepted the container, taking a small swig and handing it back. "It tastes weird."

"What? No man, this shit is rad." [F/N] stated on a jokingly defensive side.

"Noooo im pretty sure its awful."

"No Harley, you just lack good tastebuds."

She rolled her eyes and giggled at that before taking his hand and leading [F/N] to their small group. It consisted of Dave, Aradia, Roxy, and Dirk. Roxy was drunk of course and slurred as she spoke about how she wanted a piece of egbert who was too busy smooching on vriska. Dirk sat silently patting her back as a form of comfort.

"Sup man." Dave spoke as harley hopped into his lap happily.

"Hey dave."

The group then proceeded to talk about what nots and things at school for some while, the conversation plain and friendly, but no sign of Karkat. [F/N] really was hoping to see him at the party and fully hoped he could understand what was going on in his head, surely he had settled for attempting something black but as time went on he knew it was ridiculous.

He knew he had a far better chance at sticking to human relationships, trolls only confused him. He was okay with Eridan and his quadrants as long as human relationships were still respected.

His thought process was cut off by Dave handing him a drink.

"Oh, no, sorry, i dont drink."

"Duuude come on. Just one drink."

" i don't know-"

Dave leaned in, "don't be a party pooper [L/N]"

Everyone else began to chime in with him, "yeaah! Don't be a party pooper."

He sighed, all his friends begging and pleiding, he finally agreed. "Fine fine! Just one."

And he accepted the cup and took a drink.