Chapter 8

School usually was the same each day with a little off differences here and there but today was a very awkward and unbearable one. That morning Karkat had messaged [F/N] asking him to take him to school, claiming that its what a good Black partner would do only to have Karkat and Eridan both in the same car bickering and fighting over [F/N] attention. If Karkats goal was to piss [F/N] off he was succeeding.

The entire ride he had his teeth gritted together, knuckles turning white as he clutched the steering wheel. "Could both of you shut up? Im trying to pay attention to the road." He growled in annoyance.

"Oh shut up [L/N] nobody is hurting anyone, dont make it out to be a big deal."

"Vvantas, i dont like howw youre talkin to my mate."

"Eat dirt Ampora."

Then they went back to bickering and [F/N] was beginning to wish he was single and without a care in the world.

When they got to school, Eridan went to the group, Karkat and [F/N] staying behind as he locked up the car.

"Karkat, why are you being an ass to him?"

he was silent for a moment before answering, "He tried to force himself on you [F/N], Im not cutting that douche any slack." Something in his tone made the human blush, looking down at his feet and making an observation about karkat he hadnt noticed before.

He cared about him. He cared about people and his friends and though he acted tough and mean he was actually nice. The discovery was already telling him that he and Karkat had no reason to be black, it was all one sided. He actually might Like Karkat in a different way then he had expected.

He nodded his head and pushed himself from the car and began to walk forward. "Are you more black for Ampora than me Karkat?" He asked jokingly, a smile on his face to hide the growing feeling of admiration for the troll.

"Go fuck yourself" he chuckled, playfully punching [F/N] in the arm.

[F/N] grinned and leaned against Karkat, an arm sweeping around his waist and holding him to his side, though they were suppose to be kismessises they acted like moirails or even Matesprites. Clue two that they really shouldn't be black dating.

"Yo dude, since when did you dump Ampora for mcshoutsalot?" Daves voice came from behind the teens, [F/N] and Karkat quickly turning around to face him.

Dave wore his usual casual but cool outfit, A hand occupied by Jades as she smiled at the two vacillating dorks.

"Hey Karkat, Hey [F/N]"

"Hi Dave, Jade, I didn't break up with Eridan, just because I'm hanging out with Karkat doesn't mean anything." the teen said, pulling away from Karkat.

"Uhuh suuuure, and I'm the president of the United states, I've commissioned a new law, it's called the "give me all your money" act."

[F/N] rolled his eyes and chuckled, "Dave, a law and an act are two different things. Maybe you would know this if you payed attention in class instead of jacking off to Stalin x communism fanfiction."

Karkat snickered to himself quietly, obviously quite proud of his human mate- kismessises.

"Shudup" Dave sputtered, "I'm still cooler than you."

"Uhuh I'm way better dude."

"Bullshit and I'll prove it."

"Battle to the death is it? Its time for you to eat shit Strider."

"I won't be doing that anytime soon but you'll be choking on your words [L/N]."

Karkat groaned out in pain, "Oh gog you're about to have a fucking rap battle, kill me please."

And then the two boys proceeded to have the ultimate rap battle of the century.