Chapter thirty-Five: Slowly Recovering (End)

No one's POV

"We all have crappy times in life." The curly boy said

"We all recover." The boy with a Danny Rose Suppy tang top  smiled

"No matter of bad it is." The boy with stretched ears held his hands together

"We all had our ups and downs." The boy with brown hair and a Lakers hat said

"We all managed to get though it." The boy with a 3 on his neck smiled "There were times where it was hard, but we all did it."

The boy with stretched ears looked at the huge scar on his arm "I had to actually try to kill myself to see the light. Not everyone gets that second chance. I lost my two best friends. One of them saved me."

"How?" A little boy asked

--

Danny's POV

I looked at J, his head was down. Tears were slowly running down his face. I grabbed his hand. J looked at me and half smiled.

"I-I was dying. My friend from 2010 came and gave me mostly all his blood. He died from blood loss." J muttered

"Oh." The little boy muttered "Sorry for your loss, J."

"T-Thanks." J kept looking down

We were doing some sort of presentation for 7th graders. 

"Are you guys happy now?" A heard a little girl ask

"We're slowly recovering. We all have each other. That's getting us threw the day." J smiled, as we all held hands "If it wasn't for these guys, I would have died." J looked at me "Thank you, Daniel." He smiled

"Anytime." I placed my head on his shoulder "You're my brother."

J chuckled "You're my brother too." He ruffled my hair

I chuckled and lifted up my head.

Charlie sighed "I felt empty and sad for years, and for a long, long time, alcohol worked. I'd drink, and all the sadness would go away. Not only did the sadness go away, but I was fantastic. I was beautiful, funny, I had a great figure, and I could do math. But at some point, the booze stopped working. That's when drinking started sucking. Every time I drank, I could feel pieces of me leaving. I continued to drink until there was nothing left. Just emptiness. I'm not saying go out and drink 24/7. I'm saying: don't do what I did. It sucks. Get help. For me, I never did get help. I just went straight to the booze. It didn't solve anything. Booze doesn't solve anything. Getting help does. People may say it doesn't help...But you will find someone who can help you."

"Thank you for your words, Jordan." The teacher smiled

Charlie nodded

 "All humans at some time experience injustice, assault, disqualification, invasion and betrayal." J started " No person is completely shielded. We need not trace our family trees very far back or study for long what life was like for our forbears to uncover humanity's abusiveness. The inherited scars of our multigenerational families exist in our family systems as we know them today. The abuse of the past often exists as the shame of today, and the shame is perpetuated through our patterns of interaction."

"Thank you, Jorel." The teacher nodded

J smiled

I decided to speak "In truth, Serenus, I have for a long time been silently asking myself to what I should liken such a condition of mind, and I can find nothing that so closely approaches it as the state of those who, after being released from a long and serious illness, are sometimes touched with fits of fever and slight disorders, and, freed from the last traces of them, are nevertheless disquieted with mistrust, and, though now quite well, stretch out their wrist to a physician and complain unjustly of any trace of heat in their body. It is not, Serenus, that these are not quite well in body, but that they are not quite used to being well; just as even a tranquil sea will show some ripple, particularly when it has just subsided after a storm. What you need, therefore, is not any of those harsher measures which we have already left behind, the necessity of opposing yourself at this point, of being angry with yourself at that, of sternly urging yourself on at another, but that which comes last -confidence in yourself and the belief that you are on the right path, and have not been led astray by the many cross- tracks of those who are roaming in every direction, some of whom are wandering very near the path itself. But what you desire is something great and supreme and very near to being a god - to be unshaken." I glanced at J. Tears were running down his face. He quickly wiped them away. 

"Anyone else wanna speak?" The teacher spoke

Matt raised his hand and spoke "Maybe you've gotten through something and when you did you thought, I am leaving that behind and will never return. And that's a great way of thinking...for selfish jerks. If we actually care about people other than ourselves, we can't leave our problems behind and never return. If we don't take the freedom we've experienced and try to bring it to others, we are not becoming people worth becoming."

 "Instead of saying, "I'm damaged, I'm broken, I have trust issues" say "I'm healing, I'm rediscovering myself, I'm starting over." Johnny spoke  "We are all damaged. We have all been hurt. We have all had to learn painful lessons. We are all recovering from some mistake, loss, betrayal, abuse, injustice or misfortune. All of life is a process of recovery that never ends. We each must find ways to accept and move through the pain and to pick ourselves back up. For each pang of grief, depression, doubt or despair there is an inverse toward renewal coming to you in time. Each tragedy is an announcement that some good will indeed come in time. Be patient with yourself."

We all waved and left. "That was better then I thought." Matt chuckled

"Yeah." J smiled

"Drinks anyone?' Charlie chuckled

We all nodded and went to bar. We are all slowly recovering. We will never be fully recovered. We'll be happier though. That's all that matters. We miss you Dylan. We always will. You will always be in our hearts

--

A/N: Thank you guys for al your support on this story c: it really means a lot to me hehe.