Ch. 6

Britt's POV

"Britt you better run!" I hear Aaron call from around the corner. I quickly turn into the bathroom and jump into the bath tub closing the curtain.

"I heard you close the curtain Britt!" Aaron says as he runs into the bathroom. I prepare myself for when he swings open the curtain. As soon as he opens the curtain I shoot him right in the middle of his forehead with the nerf gun and run out of the bathroom heading for the kitchen. The boys, Reili and I were currently having a nerf gun war. Aaron and I put Greyson to bed a few hours ago and I don't know how that child has slept through all our noise. I hear Aaron calling my name as I hear Reili shout "got you loser!" To either Cameron or Taylor. I stop next to the couch to see if there is a boy hiding there, when I see it's clear I continue towards the kitchen. As soon as I take a step Cameron comes out of nowhere and tackles me onto the couch.

"This a nerf gun war you idiot! Why'd you tackle me?" I shout as I try to push him off me.

"Because I thought it'd be funny!" He chuckles as I push him on the floor. I quickly stand up and run towards the back rooms. I see Reili running towards me while trying to shoot behind her and it's one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

"Stop laughing at me and run! Aaron and Taylor are coming!" Reili shouts as she runs right past me. She dives behind the couch not knowing Cameron is over there.

"Got you sucker!" Cameron shouts as he rapidly fires at Reili.

"Not fair! I didn't know you were there!" Reili complains

"You should've looked first. " Cameron laughs as he shoots at her again. I turn the toy gun to Cameron and shoot it, not exactly aiming. It shoots him directly in the eye. I drop to the floor dying of laughter along with Reili.

"What the hell Britt!" Cameron whines

"Watch your language!" Aaron scolds Cameron playfully while he walks up next to us.

"I'm out of ammo and I'm worn out" Taylor states while plopping on the couch next to Reili.

"Yeah I'm done considering Britt tried to take my eye out!" Cameron says trying to hold back a laugh.

" I didn't mean to!" I defend "I just wasn't paying attention to where I shot you." I laugh

"Sure, you better watch your back punk!" Cameron warns me with a sarcastic tone.

"Oh so scared!" I say back

"Cam you better watch it she's feisty!" Aaron laughs as he walks into the kitchen

"I like em feisty." He replies with a smirk. Oh my god I can't believe he just said that. He can't seriously mean it, can he? I quickly turn around and walk into the kitchen with Aaron.

"We're gonna put on a movie out here if you guys wanna join us." Taylor shouts from the living room. I don't say anything, but Aaron shouts back saying he will. I seriously don't understand how Greyson has slept through all our noise, like all of us have been shouting and running around the house. I wish I could sleep that good.

"I'm gonna go check on Greyson if you wanna come with me" Aaron offers as he walks towards the stairs. I nod and follow him up. I kinda wanna ask him if Cameron's said anything about me. I know I only met him earlier today but he's really funny and nice and attractive. My gosh he is attractive! But I don't wanna ask Aaron because what if Cameron hasn't talked about me and I just make a fool of myself. It's fine Aaron wouldn't care we're best friends it'd be like asking Reili, just Aaron's a dude and Cameron is one of his best friends. I stop arguing with myself and sit on the floor next to the rocking chair where Aaron is seated.

"Hey so I have a question." I say quietly

"Yeah what's up?" Aaron replies

"This is probably gonna be odd and don't laugh at me! Got it? Don't laugh."

"Got it!"

"Okay, um, erm, okay! Um, has Cameron like said anything about me? Or like talked about me?" I say quickly and nervously. Aaron chuckles and gives me a huge grin.

"Aaron I swear if you laugh I'll hurt you!" I threaten and Aaron's grin just gets bigger.

"What!? Oh god he hasn't! I'm sorry just forget this conversation happened." I say as I stand up and start to walk out of Greyson's room.

"Britt wait, come back here" Aaron says. I turn around and walk back into the room. I go to the opposite side of the room from Aaron and lean against a small dresser.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked about one of your best friends. That's probably just weird for you."

"No it's fine I think it's cute you like him." Aaron says calmly

"Woah I never said I liked him! I just simply asked if he has asked you about me."

"Oh cmon Britt I can totally tell you're into him! You should've seen your face when you first saw him at Krispy Kremes, your jaw practically hit the floor!" Aaron chuckles

"It did not!"

"Oh it did!" He says with a smirk

"Well?" I question him

"Well what?"

"You know what! I'm not asking again!" I say while crossing my arms

"Well I don't know what you're talking about then" Aaron laughs

"Aaron Braden Carpenter!"

"Brittney Leanne!"

"Ugh you're annoying!" I say and walk out of the room for the second time. I hear Aaron close the door and follow me down stairs.

"He has asked." Aaron says loudly right when we get into the living room. Oh my god. I hope no one questions that statement.

"Who has asked what?" Cameron says turning towards Aaron and I. I turn and glare at Aaron while he burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Tell him Britt." Aaron says while laughing.

"Tell me what?" Cameron questions

"Umm....