#DayofSilence (16)

*Skipping A Few Months*

So today is the 15th of April which means is the Day of Silence. GLSEN started it and its a national youth movement bringing attention to the silence faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their allies. So we pledge to not speak for the whole day. Its not okay to bully or harass people because of their sexuality. So my friends and I took the pledge and majority of the school as well. Anyway I'm sitting in homeroom and its hella quite which is unusual. I think its pretty cool that some of the teachers took the pledge too. Its kinda hard to teach when you can't speak so they mainly gave us a work sheet to do. The day went by pretty fast and when the 9th period bell rung we all the people who pledged gathered in the gym so the school could talk to us. Ms. Raymund got up and started speaking.

"Now, I'm very proud of all of you for standing up for what you believe in. I just want to let you know we don't tolerate bullying and I'm not only talking about LGBT harassment I'm talking about everyone who is a student at this school. This school forever and always will be a safe environment for all students."

We all clap and head out. I meet up with Mark, Amanda, Shane, and Ryan outside the school. Sofia moved back in with her parents. She said it was because she missed them but we all know that's not the truth. I still care about her so I want to know the truth but it is what it is.

"We should all go celebrate." Ryan says.

"What do you have in mind?" Mark ask.

"Chipotle and 7eleven." We all say.

Its kind of a tradition we started, anytime something good happens or we just feel like celebrating this is what we do. I go grab Jackson and meet up with everyone else at 7eleven.

"What do you want?" I ask Jackson.

He just grabs a cup and tries to turn the lever for the sour patch but he's too short. We all laugh but I eventually help him with the cup. Jackson wanted a bag of chips and went running to the isle and when he turned the corner he ran into someone.

"JACKSON...I'm so sorry." I say.

"Oh no no no its okay." She says.

I help her pick up her items then look up. I love Kelley don't get me wrong but damn this girl was fine. I hand her her things.

"I'm Mal." She says.

"Rylee." I say.

"Its nice to meet you Rylee, Hopefully we'll meet again." Mal says.

I nod and smirk at her before walking over to Jackson who has like 4 bags of chips in his hands.

"What's going on here buddy?" I ask.

"I can't choose, Ry Ry help me." Jackson says.

I laugh at how cute he is before putting 2 of the bags if chips back. I pick out a bag that I like and we walk back over to my friends.

"So that Mal was pretty hot." Amanda says.

"Is there something I should know?" Mark ask.

We all laugh.

"No I'm just saying, Rylee had her blushing." Amanda says.

"Um have you seen Rylee? She has the whole football team blushing." Shane says.

"Guys stop being asses you know she's dating Kelley." Ryan says.

We all go and check out before heading to Chipotle. We order our food and sit down in a booth.

"What did you do at school today little man?" Amanda ask.

"Um learned about stuff and I punched a kid." He says.