Saying Goodbye (27)

*Skipping A Few Weeks*

So in a matter of days people had heard about Rylee. We were on our way to her funeral. It was on the hill, the one by our house. Its where she went to cool down or to just have time to herself when she needed it. We had called all her close friends from Mesa and arranged for them to come up for the service. All her teammates where here from her old high school in Mesa, to the girls she met here, and the national team. I'm not going to lie, it was- it is hard to keep going but I know that's what she would have wanted. Rylee didn't like when the people around her were hurt or sad so we are going to try to make this service about honoring her life not mourning it. Once everyone was here I got up to speak.

"If you guys knew anything about Rylee it was that she didn't do things the normal way." I start, everyone chuckles.
"She wanted to make everyone happy and that's something we all feel in love with about her. Now I'm not going to stand up here and speak because I don't know when but Rylee recorded herself talking about you guys." I say.

We had a huge projector up in the front so everyone could see it, I stepped off to the side where Carli was holding Jackson and wrapped my arms around her. The video came on and it was Rylee sitting at the desk in her room, with no shirt on, some joggers, and a snapback. She's in the hotel room in Connecticut.

"Tobin Jr. needs to put on a shirt." Pinoe yelled out.

Everyone started laughing, which is something most of us haven't done since that night.

"I don't intend on anybody seeing this but in case anybody does I'm guessing your wondering what this is. Now there are a lot of people who do a Draw My Life video on Youtube. There are also a few people who tell their story and all that other stuff and I guess this is mine. But I'm Rylee and in case you didn't know I have my own way of doing things so that's what I'm gonna do."

Everyone starts laughing.

"So I was born December 29th 1998 to a Mom and a Dad. There's a lot of confusion with that but apparently I was born a twin. Her name is Rydel and she's the best twin anybody could ask for. The only problem with that is we had no clue each other existed until recently. But we found each other and all I can say is I'm never letting her go."

A picture of Rydel and Rylee sleeping together popped up.

"Now my childhood for the most part was great. I met this one kid named Nick and he is from across the pond. In 3rd grade he came to my school and we've been inseparable ever since. His parents are amazing and they were basically my second family when I got tried of my real one. Nick I don't know what I would have done without you because you introduced me to soccer AKA the love of my life. And now I'm on the national team living my dream and for that I thank you.

A video on Nick showing Rylee how to kick a soccer ball came up, they had to be about nine.
"You do it like this." Nick says then kicks the ball.
Rylee then pushes Nick out of the way and kicks the ball.
"I think I'm going to be a soccer star." Rylee says.
"Yeah and I'm going to be the queen of England." Nick says.

We all laugh and continue to listen to what Rylee has to say.

"Sam, now Sam is the girl everyone was afraid to speak to because she looks like she could kill you at anytime."

We all laugh.

"But she's a pretty cool person when you get to know her. We met in boxing, how ironic? And then we became friends when I found out we went to the same middle school. Sam had enough courage to tell me that she was in foster care, which in the end just brought us closer together. I'm glad she told me because if she wouldn't have trusted me then I would have never met this amazing little boy named Jackson. When Jackson came to the house Sam was placed in I fell in love with him. He's my little brother blood or not and I love him with all my heart. Now last but not least Andrea. Andrea and I have been through hell and back with each other. We met in Kindergarten and she's honestly been my rock ever since. This video can't describe how much those 3 people alone have changed and shaped my as a person."