Mason & Katy: Celebrations

He saddles up behind her as she sips her morning coffee.

Once again he's reminded how much he loves that her job as a teacher means she gets these nice long term breaks. Since he'd switched his own working schedule things between them have settled down nicely.

Before they would barely see each other. His working night shifts and her regular day ones, paired with both of them being dog-tired when the other one wasn't, really started wrecking the previously awesome sex. And no sex was making them both cranky as hell. Frankly he's not too far gone liberal to admit that was the tipping point. No way in hell would he ever suggest for Katy to give up her job even though she probably would with slight hesitation for him. Instead with the extension on the club house raking in extra cash from the extra members, he'd decided to invest in an assistant. That way he would only have to go in a few nights a week and be able to manage paperwork whenever he wanted. In theory it sounded like a solid plan and the visible relief on Katy's face when he'd proposed it too had made him all the more determined to get it to work.

Execution of that plan however was far harder. Internal promotion turned to be a waste of time as when the whole 2 people who put their name forward quickly withdrew it when they realized it would be less time spent 'playing'. So he'd had no choice but to hire externally and with the knowledge of it being a 'sex' club that obviously had some strange, weird people wasting his time. Finally, finally, he'd managed to find someone with a clean record, enthusiasm and actual management experience for the role. Honestly all 6'5'' of Kola Williams strode into his office, he was not expecting the Native American man to be serious about his application. Shockingly he turned out to be perfect. The right amount of intimidating, compassionate and confident in a quite sort of way Mason could relate to.
It's only been 2 weeks so far but Mason's sure Kola's going to work out fine.

With that now settled his mind can focus properly on his other job. A job he takes far far more seriously. Hearing Katy's sharp inhale he smiles against her shoulder as he decides to aim for a stellar review.

********************************

"Mase? Baby?"
"Yeah Little Doe."
"I...I kind of need you out of the house for a while," she rushes out with cheeks that immediately pinken.
He lifts himself from the ground where he was laid under the old Harley he recently decided to acquire and uses an old rag to wipe the grease from his fingers.
"And why would you need me to do that?" he asks.

They're certainly at the stage where they don't have to be with each other 24/7. In fact, most weekends Mason's tinkering in his beloved garden while Katy usually curls up with her latest steamy little romances (a new genre she can thank Emery for having introduced to her). And while they do occasionally have the spontaneous date or exchange surprises, things in their life are routine. It's surprisingly nice.
For Katy the sense of regularity and dependence is comforting and for Mason he likes the easy life with a good woman by his side. He certainly doesn't mind the picket fence and flowers around the house even if it doesn't fit his 'image'. Although he draws a line when it comes to routine sex. Though their sex has tamed in comparison to their first encounters, it's none the less electric. He's come to discover all the BDSM stuff was needed with other women to get him off but with Katy all it takes is her sweet, tight body and utter submission. And while she asks to add the other restraint in there, Mason's woman has nothing to complain about.
He makes sure of that.

"Because...I asked you to...please," she sassily responds back but she can't pull of the attitude and the words are ended with a sugary smile.

Another reason he loves her. She can stand up for herself, for what she wants without having to get bitchy.