Adrian & Sam: Location Relocation

Ade & Sam: Location Relocation

The ominous text is written in Ade's typical style. Sam rolls her eyes as she reads an address and a time and no other information.

She assumes that having been sent it this morning that it is intended for today. With that in mind she googles up the address and has a search as to which bus to take. Because yes, she still doesn't drive.

She has a license now thanks in part to Adrian's money (because who's she kidding? It's not like she paid for the lessons herself) and also thanks to his absolute insistence that she learn to drive. Although she does have the license she'd refused to invest in a car. Frankly it's much easier to get the bus and then use the squad cars for official business. Anything she needs, she can get right in town. And anything she needs from out of town she can get Ade to take her.

After her shift ends, Sam takes the bus and gets off nearest to her destination. She then follows the directions on her GPS which leads her further and further into suburbia. She has no idea why Adrian is dragging her out in the middle of what looks like an upscale residential area and contemplates ringing him to tell him she's lost. That's when she spots Ade's navy BMW.

He's parked in the driveway of a pretty nice, two storey, detached house. Sam once again wonders why he's invited her here and sincerely hopes that this isn't some unplanned, impromptu tea event. He's done that a few times. Had guests over without telling her so that when she'd got home, tired from work, they'd be there in the house. Of course, Ade never asked anything from her in such cases but Sam has some decency and she'd had to change and turn on the fresh-faced, wife for the guests. He'd made it up to her of course, in multiple, creative ways but it was exhausting. Though no amount of creativity will make up for it this time. She's shattered and if he really is dragging her to socialize, she's going to kill him. Slowly...

She's instantly suspicious when he's the one opening the door to her with a wide brimming smile. That's his full beam smile and not one he uses all that often.

"Oh good, you're finally here," he comments and then gazing around frowns before adding, "I didn't hear the cab though."

"That's because I didn't get one," she points out shrugging.
And of course, that means they're back onto the car argument.

"I really wish you would-"

"No thanks," she insists cutting him off before they go at this one again.

In another surprise he lets it go and instead leans forward to give her a quick, sweet peck.

"Fine. Come on in, anyway."

Before Sam can say anything, she's ushered in.

"Ade. Ade what is going on?" she questions as he more or less drags her into what appears to be the living room. Except the place is sparsely decorated and there's no pictures except generic landscapes on the walls.

"Where are we? Who's place even is this?"

It seems so empty. Where is everyone?

"Ade. Ade stop it."
Sam freezes up, stopping abruptly and resisting Adrian's gentle pushing.