Chapter Five~

Travis's POV.

Was he... Crying? "Zane, are you alright?" I asked. "Y-yeah." He managed to choke out. I pulled him over so that he was sitting next to me on the couch, I was still holding on to him, hoping he would tell me what was wrong.
"Why are you crying?" I asked. He shook his head and sobbed into my shirt. I rested my chin on his head and gave him calming pats on the back. After a few moments his sons turned into soft whimpers as he slowly fell asleep. I smiled and picked him up, I walked up the stairs and tried to find his room. When I did I put him on his bed and went down stairs and sat down on the couch, I wasn't leaving until I knew he was ok.
I sat there for a few moments, alone in my thoughts before drifting off to sleep myself.

Zane's POV.

The smell of smoke was everywhere. I shot up to see that I was in my room and it was engulfed in flames. I shrieked and jumped up, the flames seeming to come closer to me as I huddled against the wall near the window. I knew it was no use trying to go out the window, one thing, it was on the second floor and the window couldn't open, it was like that when I moved here.
The heat caused by the flames and my panicking state, made me sweat. This is how I was going to die, I couldn't believe it. I closed my eyes and gave up all hope, tears started to stream down my face. All I was breathing in was smoke and I coughed a few time to try and get it out of my lungs. "Zane!?" I heard someone yell. "Travis!" I cried out.
I saw him run straight through the raging flames, and over to me. He already had several burns on his face, arms, and clothes from what I could see. "What happened!?" He yelled. "I don't know! I just woke up and the room was on fire!" I yelled back. He looked around and stopped dead on the window. "It doesn't open!" I exclaimed. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me close. "I already called the fire department, do you trust me?" He asked. I nodded slowly and he pulled me to the window. He backed up a few steps before running and crashing through it, raising me with him.
I screamed as we fell from the second story. We hit the ground and I ended up doing a couple of front rolls, I landed face first into the grass and I saw a couple of red and white lights illuminating the night sky as I fell unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so sorry for updating this so late, I had benchmarks this week at school and I was pretty much procrastinating because I didn't know how to write this specific part...
Byee!