Chapter Twenty~

Zane's POV.

"Alright, I'm off to work." I told Travis as I pulled my jacket on. "Ok, I'm actually heading to the store, so I'll walk with you." Travis said. "Awesome, let's go then." I said, grabbing my keys and walking outside. The sky was a dark gray and low thunder rumbled in the distant.
"Maybe we should take the car." Travis said. I nodded and we both hopped into the car. Travis started it up and pulled out of the driveway and down the road.
He stopped at the café and I got out. "Thanks, Travis." I said. "No problem, love you, I'll pick you up at three." He said. "Love you too." I said, closing the door and walking into the pink building. Then I was stopped by Aphmau.
"You have a lot of explaining to do, young man." She said. "Huh?" I asked. "Because the other day I was on you guys porch, knocking frantically on the door, but you guys didn't answer!" She exclaimed, her cheeks turning red.
"Oh, that day Travis tricked me into watching a horror movie and we both got scared out of our minds, we may or may not have thought you were a demon trying to ruthlessly kill us!" I said, shrugging.
"Oh.." She muttered, looking down. "Anywho, I'm going to go get changed." I said, walking into the dressing room and walking out a few moments later wearing my maid dress.

*Tem Skerp.*

It was five minutes until my shift ended and I was storming pretty badly outside. Aphmau said that she could get Aaron to take me home since he was coming to pick her up anyways. I declined knowing that Aaron and I weren't on good terms.
"Suit yourself, but you got five minutes to change your mind." She said.
I got changed in my regular clothes and waited by the door. I called Travis but it went straight to voicemail.
"Aphmau~Senpai! Did you hear that there was a drive by shooting at the store?" I heard Kawaii~Chan told Aphmau. "Really, Tsk, what has this world become." Aphmau said.
I tried calling Travis again but it went straight to voicemail. "That's weird.." I muttered.
"Well, see ya!" Aphmau told Kawaii~Chan before walking out of the building. "Oh, Zane~Kun, the shop is closing now but Kawaii~Chan is staying here until the storm passes." She said. "C-can I stay here as well, just until Travis shows up." I said. "Yes of course! Oo this could be just like a sleepover!" Kawaii~Chan exclaimed, running into the back kitchen. I sighed and tried to call him again, same as before.
"Zane~Kun, Kawaii~Chan wants you to watch the news with her for a few minutes, she thinks the news story about the shooting is on!" She exclaimed, turning on the little wall tv and switching it to the local news station.
"Ok, just let me try and get in touch with Travis one more time." I said, putting the phone up to my ear. It went straight to voicemail. I decided to leave a message this time.
"Hey, I'm starting to get worried about you, can you call..." My voice trailed off.
"Update on the two victims that got caught up in the surprise drive by shooting. One of the victims has been identified as Travis Valcrum, the other hasn't been identified yet, the police are looking for the criminals and now Mr. Valcrum is in the hospital in critical condition." The news person said.
After hearing that my eyes widened and I dropped my phone. "Z-Zane~Kun..." Kawaii~Chan muttered.
I took off and ran down the street, despite the pouring rain. Tears welled up in my eyes.
This couldn't be happening, this can't be happening.

<~<~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you get my pun now, from the previous chapter?
I'm sorry,.
*Hides in Corner and builds a wall of book around myself.*