Chapter Eight~

Travis's POV.

It was the next morning and I woke, slightly sore from the burns. I got up and changed into the outfit I literally wear everyday.
I walked upstairs to see Zane on the couch, sitting up and holding a pillow. "Hey." I said. "Hey." He said, not looking back. "Where's Garroth?" I asked. "He went somewhere with a friend, he said he wouldn't be back till later." Zane said, still not looking up. "Good." I said, walking to the kitchen. "Have you eaten anything yet?" I asked. "No." He said. "Alright, come in here." I said, looking the the refrigerator.
I heard him stand up and walk in. I pulled out a carton of eggs and some turkey bacon. I told him to sit at the counter and he did so. I started to cook the eggs and bacon, slightly burning the bacon. Hey, who said I was good at cooking.
I put them on two plates and gave one to Zane. I took the other and sat next to him. "Soo... How's life." I said, taking a bite of the eggs. I gagged at the taste. "How does one make eggs taste bad." I muttered. Zane looked longingly at the plate. "Not hungry?" I asked. He didn't reply. "Hey, you ok?" I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Wanna talk about what happened the other day?" I asked.
Zane stood up and walked away and out of the front door, without saying a word.

Zane's POV.

I stormed out, I have no idea why. I just couldn't be around Travis after what happened. I felt terrible and just couldn't face him.
I walked down the street until I made it downtown where one of favorite places were, the library. Hey! Don't judge me. It quiet and full of books, my two favorite things.
I pushed open the door with my good arm and walked inside. I looked over the shelf a and picked a book, then I sat down at one of the tables and started to read it.
I have no idea how long I was in there but I read through at least 4 books. I looked up from #5 to see that I was the only one left in their except for the librarian who smiled as I looked at her.
I pulled out my phone to see I had some texts.
"Dude, where'd you go?" Travis texted. I turned my phone off and put it back in my pocket, continuing to read.
About another hour had passed and I started to get ready to leave. Putting all the books back except for one that I wanted to check out, I went to the check out thing and got it before walking out and down the street.

*Tem Skerp to da house.*

I walked in to see Travis on the couch, looking at his phone. He looked up at me and smiled. "Where'd you go?" He asked. "I just went to the library, no big deal." I said. "Oh." Travis said.
"Hey, can I talk to you about what happened the other day?" I asked. "Of course!" He exclaimed. I sat down next to him. "Travis.. Do you like me?" I asked. He took in a deep breath. "Yes." He replied. I nodded and felt my face go red as I looked to the ground. "Zane.." He said. I felt my head lift up and Travus kissed me again like he did the other day.
My heart sped up and I returned it, gladly. I wanted to stay like this forever but then I heard the front door open.
Shit.