chapter twelve ☂

a/n: here's chapter twelve! i'm so so so sorry that i took so long to update but i've been having problems with my laptop; it won't let me login to wattpad. right now i'm using my dad's laptop to update though but i can't promise updates reguraly as i'm really busy with school and everything. anyway, you guys had such little faith in lily in the last chapter. a lot of you think she's gonna use zayn! this is dedicated to @refreshinglemonade (or now @_emptywords) who made my day by telling me this was her favorite harry styles fanfiction. it has been a legit dream of mine to write a fanfiction that was someone's favorite. but anyway, here's the update! it gets a little intense, tellin' ya now. if you like this chapter though, please vote & comment!

p.s. do you ship zily?

* * * * *

CHAPTER TWELVE

Zayn’s  text had surprised Lily more than anything. The olive-skinned boy had never taken a particular interest in Lily before so the fact that he wanted to meet up was strange to her. She supposed it was The Ball that made Zayn want to talk to Lily more. Either way, she didn’t mind. It would be nice to have another good friend in London. She only really had Angela and Harry, Eleanor only hanging out with her when she had time to or wanted to, and the fellow members of One Direction only hanging out with Lily when Harry was there—well, except for Zayn (now) and occasionally Niall.

After the surprise had subsided, Lily decided to text Zayn back ‘sure.’ He’d told her to come by her flat at one to eat something and watch a movie. Lily texted him back, telling him that she could and that she looked forward to seeing him—and she did. Zayn was a nice guy and she definitely wouldn’t mind befriending him.

Now, Zayn’s dark brown eyes stared into Lily’s lighter ones, his brown hair in its natural matted down form, his fingers fumbling with each other as he waited for Lily to answer what movie she wanted to watch.

“I think we should watch . . . Life is Sweet,” she said, the movie coming into her mind when she remembered when Harry had rented it on Lily’s TV once. They hadn’t even watched it because when Harry entered the kitchen to make popcorn he realized there was none left and forced Lily to go to the grocery store with him to buy some more. That was ruined, though, as it was eleven PM and there wasn’t any stores that sold popcorn that were open. After an hour of driving around, they finally found a slightly shady grocery store that was open and sold popcorn.

Lily wanted to slap herself. Why was she thinking about Harry?

“Okay, that’s—”

A knock sounded and Lily’s immediate thought was that it was the Chinese food Zayn had ordered. But when the brown-eyed boy got up and opened the door it was Perrie Edwards that entered the flat and Lily was pretty sure she didn’t have any Chinese food for them.

Zayn’s eyes immediately went to Lily and he said, “We were just watching a movie. This is Harry’s friend, Lily.”

Perrie seemed confused by Zayn’s introduction of Lily but smiled politely at her and said, “Hi, Lily.”

Lily guessed that Perrie would’ve gotten the wrong idea about her being here, and by the look on his face, he almost seemed disappointed that she hadn’t.

“Okay, love,” Perrie started, “I just wanted to say that I got your message and I’m sorry for being so busy lately but I’ve got a lot going on right now. The band’s really picking up! Anyway, as you can see, I’m going to be here in London so we should meet up. I’ve got to go now and I see you’re watching a movie with your friend anyway so I’ll be off.”

Zayn opened his mouth but then closed it. “I—uh, okay.”

“Love you.” She gave him a quick peck on the lips and left the flat.