chapter seventeen

a/n: hi, so i'd just like to say some things: 1. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 50K READS. YOU ARE ALL SO LOVELY AND SUPPORTIVE AND GREAT. 2. i'm so sorry for update taking so long. i have school and right now i'm taking midterms. 3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARRY EDWARD STYLES, THE CUTEST DUMMY HEAD EVER. this is dedicated to @catluvscookiedough because her comment on chapter sixteen made me laugh haha. anywho, if you like it, please vote & comment! :-)

p.s. i think the manip at the side is the cutest thing ever wow

*      *      *      *      *

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

His lips hovered over hers. It was unbelievable how red they were, and how much redder his bottom lip could become when his teeth fell down onto it. His green eyes moved slowly up to her eyes, framed by a pair of long lashes that were thought to be natural of a young man. His hands moved upward to grace the skin of her cheeks, and he moved closer.

“Lily, I love you,” came from Harry.

Her heart leaped. These were the words she wanted to hear from Harry. His voice had sounded as deep and gravelly as she expected it would when he would say these words, even shaking slightly.

“Harry, I lo—”

Harry’s lips connecting effortlessly with hers had stopped her from finishing her sentence. It was a welcome interruption as she’d always wanted this kiss; a kiss with genuine romantic intentions; a kiss shared because the love in one’s heart was so great that some of it had to be transported into another’s through the contact of two mouths.

He pulled away, still keeping close proximity. She was feeling so happy that the sudden streak of pain she felt left her unfazed. It was until she noticed a long cut running from the top of her arm to the skin just before her cuticle that she became alarmed.

She felt his hands grasp her face tightly and she turned to looked at him. His green eyes seemed to define urgency, staring intensely into hers as his hands grasped her face so tightly. He was holding her so tightly, as if scared she’d run away.

“Do you love me?” he asked, his voice quiet but his words screaming.

“Wha—”

“Harry, I love you,” interrupted a boy with murky blue eyes and light brown hair that seemed as if it had been styled by the wind. He stood next to Harry and clasped onto one of his arms.

It was at the same time that she came to the realization that it was Louis that another mark, a twin of the one on her arm, appeared on the arm that had been unmarked. Pain worked its way up Lily’s body, making sure to elbow her heart before leaving her throat.

“Do you love me?” he asked, his voice louder now.

“I—”

“Louis, what are you doing?” came a voice.

Lily’s head turned to find Eleanor, and overhead, thick grey clouds started to form and tumble as tears formed in Eleanor eyes. Another streak of pain came at that time, and Lily’s left leg had a red slash on it. Louis kept one arm on Harry’s arm and had his other arm reach out for Eleanor’s shoulder, trying to calm her. The sky rumbled loudly, and another streak of pain came, accompanied by another red streak on Lily’s unmarked leg. The storm was now growing mighty as Eleanor began to full on sob. It was pouring madly now. Lily and Harry were soaked, but only Lily seemed to appear bothered by it.