Sase || Submit

Alec sat comfortably in a black velvet chair. He had changed into a more casual suit to fully enjoy the moment. His legs were crossed as he watched the frightened girl from the back of the room. She turned to acknowledge him and they locked eyes. This time her gaze didn't falter and look to the ground.

"Have a seat, Ms. Black," he motioned for Mila to sit in the empty chair across from him. There was a circular glass table between two facing chairs.

"What is this?" She was able to speak calmly, surprising herself.

"Ms. Black," he said in a slightly irritated tone, "I've asked you twice now to have a seat and you've been uncooperative. You're not in any position to object my wishes, so before you make me do something you regret, I suggest you do as I ask."

Mila was stunned. He was speaking as if she were the one being impolite. Mixed feelings boiled inside her as she moved to sit in the chair.

"You drugged me," she said.

"Yes," he replied.

"You've been monitoring my family, my friends?" she said.

"Yes," he replied sounding bored.

"Why?" Her voice wavered.

"Because it is the most prudent way to get you to do what I want," he said standing up.

Her fear began to dissipate as her anger boiled over. Her rage so potent and maternal, she felt like she could black out from its intensity.

"You're threatening the lives of the people I love so you can control me? Because you like me? Because I rejected you?" She yelled. "Get over yourself!"

She was ready to cause him as much physical harm as she possibly could. Mila was not a violent person and respected human life, but she was ready to do anything to save the people she loved. Nervousness overcame her for a brief moment, as she wondered what it would be like to gouge someone's eyes out.

As she took inventory of the room, she felt the presence of another man in the hallway to her right. When he stepped out of the shadows he looked tough. At about six feet, he had similar tanned skin to Alec's. But he had cold black eyes and way more muscle. So much so, it couldn't be hidden by his dark leather jacket. Other than that, he looked average in almost every way.

She wanted to pounce on Alec, grabbing whatever she could to disable him. There was only a brief window to take him down, and she had to make it count. She lunged at him with everything she had, almost knocking over his chair and taking them both down in the process. The chair managed to stay upright.

It was fast, but she was able to get one solid punch to his face before she was pulled off him. Her fist burned immediately, and she felt the satisfying crack of her knuckles hitting his cheek bone. A pair of thick arms wrapped around her from behind, pulling her off of Alec, making her feet hover half an inch above the white marble floor. 

She wasn't done. As soon as Alec began collecting himself she bit into the man's arm, clenching down so hard she could hear his skin crunch beneath the leather.

"Shit!" He yelled as he loosened his grip enough for her to squeeze under him.

Blood trickled down his arm spilling onto her green dress as she made another desperate grab for Alec. Because she knew she wouldn't get another chance at him she needed to hit him where it hurt. Her knee hit his groin, disabling him. He groaned, instinctively putting his hands down under and leaving the rest of him vulnerable.