14 / Drugged

if you're from Sydney or Melbourne and you wanna meet up, comment down below please!  I would really love to meet you guys. I hope you feel the same :)

— ❉ —

14 / Drugged

Harper / POV

I flutter my eyes open as I felt a hand over my cheek.

"Harper?" I squint my eyes as they adjusted to the sunlight. Slowly, I hear the bustle of the city.

"Harper." I hear it again. I squeeze my eyes shut and shook my head.

A hand lightly pats my cheek and I open my eyes.

"What are you doing out here?" The image of Clark appears close to me and I immediately backed off. My heart rate increases as I hugged myself away from him.

He and Max took a few steps back in surprise. Max raises his eyebrow. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked me with a confused expression.

I took a deep breath. What's wrong with me? I shook my head and released a breath.

"I'm sorry, I'm just..tired." I lied as my mind flew back, trying to think about the last thing I remember.

I close my eyes and I hear Clark's voice. "Are you sure you're alright? You look..quite.." He pauses.

Jason. The last thing I remember was meeting Jason.

"—Frightened." Max finishes the sentence for him and I opened my eyes.

Clark got down on one knee so he is as the same eye level as me. "You're sweating." He tilts his head in wonder.

My heart beat never slowed, it kept its fast pace.

"Did you sleep here all night?" Max shoves his hands in his pockets, his forehead creased.

"What?" I asked as I started looking around. I was in a bus stop close to Candy Caffeine.

Startled as to how I ended up here, I stood up.

Clark / POV

Harper looks around her as her eyes well up.

"Something isn't right." Max whispers to me. My eyebrows furrow as I studied Harper.

"Come on, let's take you home." I reached out and held her wrists to guide her to the car.

As my hand touches her wrists, she aggressively pulls away and takes a few steps back.

The look on her face was different, she was terrified. Then her expression changes again and she looks at me with worry.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to—"

"Your hands are cold." I tell her.

Max walks towards her. Carefully, he takes her wrists and was quiet for a while. Then he gives her a warm smile.

"Don't be scared, we're here." He says. "Do you want me to drive you home?" He quietly asks. Slowly, Harper nods.

Max looks at me. "Tell Brian she's not available to work today. Come over to Alexander's right after." He says and I nod.

I walked to my car as soon as Max drove away with Harper, but I noticed Harper's bag on the bench.

I swiftly got out of the car and took her bag.

— ❉ —

I parked the car in front of Candy Caffeine and walked in. It was a slow day for the cafe, most of the tables were empty.