Don't blame yourself (pt 2)

(Listen while reading? ^.^)

__________________________________
Silence filled the room as Noctis remained standing by the door looking away and you slowly sat up and swung your legs over the edge of the bed. You bit your bottom lip and looked over at the dark haired man to find that he was already looking at you. Pain filled his eyes and yours mirrored his. You then got a burst of confidence and apparently so did he as you both apologised at the same time.

"I'm sorry!" You both looked at each other shocked as you tried to regather your confidence.

"(Y/n), you shouldn't be apologising to me. You didn't do anything wrong. It's my fault that you're hurt, if I'd gotten over to you sooner then I cou-"

"No!" You cut him off. "None of this would've happened if I'd have been more careful out there. I was being careless and let my guard down for a second and got myself stabbed which, in turn, lead to you getting distracted which made you get badly burnt and tasered to the point of you hardly being able to stand!"

You had broken down about half way through what you were saying. Tears fell down your cheeks and onto your shirt. "What sort of girlfriend and guard am I if I let that happen? It would be better if I just left!"

And with that sentence, it seems that you managed to snap your boyfriends temper.

"Stop it!" His raised voice made you jump. He'd never raised his voice at you before like this. "I don't want to hear another word like that come from you ever again, got it!? You are my girlfriend and I just can't have you feeling as shitty as this and then deciding it's your fault and then leaving your home! What sort of boyfriend would that make me!? The two of us should never have tried to take on that many soldiers at once in the first place and we should've escaped and called for back up. So please don't blame yourself for what happened. It's not your fault. If it's anyone's faults it's those soulless machines that attacked us."

You were completely gobsmacked for a split second when he finished, but it soon passed and your sobbing soon turned into full out crying. You reached out your hand towards where the ravenette stood. "Noc*sob*tis". He seemed to gather what your outstretched arm meant and walked over to you but before he could reach you, you grabbed your stomach and doubled over in pain.

"(Y/N)!" He almost threw himself over to you and grabbed your shoulders, you moved one of your hands to grab his sleeve and you gripped onto it tightly as he knelt down in front of you. "I sh-should prob-ably stop crying ahah. AGH!" The pain got worse the more you tensed up from struggling but you couldn't help it. You started to feel liquid seep through your bandages and shirt and onto your lap.

"I have to get help quickly. I'll be back in literally less than a minute ok?" His breathing was rapid and he was panicking as he let go of your shoulders and removed your hand from his sleeve and laid you down. He stood up straight and sprinted out of the room. You could hear him yelling as he ran off down the hall and then it began.

The next minute was absolute hell. It seemed to last for years.

You were frantically shaking and you tried to even out your breathing. Other than the sound of your breathing and the clock's ticking in the background, it was just an eerie, deafening silence that engulfed the room. Your body was gradually becoming colder and started turning numb.  "Shit... I'm losing too much blood..." You croaked out. You must've been laying in a puddle of it by now. You coughed and a little more of the red liquid escaped your mouth and ran down your cheek.

You gritted your teeth and waited for him. You waited for your light. Your Light in the Night sky. "Noctis." You breathed out and as if on cue he flew back through the door with Ignis following suit.

"I'm here! I'm here.. It's ok now, you're gonna be alright." He spoke to you, his voice cracking, as he unbuttoned your shirt and tore away the, now soaked through, bloodied bandages. His eyes stared at your stomach in disbelief, the wound was a lot larger than he thought it would be. Pretty much all the stitches had come out, if it didn't get stitched up soon you'd have less than about 6 minutes to live before you bled out. He looked over at Ignis who was rapidly readying his things as there was no time to wait for a nurse or doctor. You let your eyes rest on Noctis' face and he looked back into your dulling eyes. Placing a hand on your cheek he repeated the same few sentences one and over until Ignis was ready.

The countdown has begun.
_________________________________
                 To be continued
_________________________________

So.... I was expecting that to go down completely differently to what I just wrote. 😕Oops. I was planning for there to just be an argument or something and then you'd make up but then this happened.

If you've read my Cloud X Reader you will recognise this song as I used it in there too hahah (if you actually listened to it).

Song:
World's Most Emotional Music Ever: Beautiful Horizon (Louis Viallet) - It's on MrEpicOSTs YouTube channel.