Meeting the parents

(I don't know where I'm going with this so I'm sorry if it sucks)
______________________________

You stood next to Noctis at your parents front door and took a deep breath. You looked over at your dark haired boyfriend, who you had managed to get into a suit, as he was fixing his sleeve. He glanced over at you and smiled.

"Nervous?"

The question caught you off guard slightly and you patted down your silky (fav colour) dress. "Uh uhhh... Yeah. Aren't you?"

He smiled at you awkwardly and went back to fiddling with the cuff of his suit jacket. "I'm absolutely bricking it."

You didn't expect that answer from his seemingly calm appearance. You knocked on the door again after getting suspicious about neither of your parents opening it the first time. "It'll be fine, but don't expect them to go easy on you just because you're the prince."

He chuckled at your words. "Don't worry I'm not."

As soon as he finished speaking you heard the door get unlocked and it opened revealing your mum. You smiled proudly at her as she greeted you both and invited you in.

"(Y/n), it's been such a long time! Have you grown?" Your mum said as she hugged you and then moved on to Noctis. "And you must be Prince Noctis, welcome to our humble abode." She said as she outstretched her hand and shook his.

Oh god it's started... The embarrassing comments.

"Haha thank you, please just call me Noct. It's a pleasure to meet you miss (l/n)."

Your mum leant over to you and whispered, "ooo he has manners, unlike the previous one and he's handsome too~"

"Mum!" You blushed at the comment and sent Noctis an apologetic look to see that he was also looking awkward.

After you were done with the formalities and Noctis had been introduced to your father, your mother told you that the food was almost ready and to go and sit at the dining table.

You lead Noctis into the dining room and immediately apologised for your mums comment regarding his status.

"Oh my god Noct, I'm so sorry about that comment. I didn't expect her to just come straight out with that off the bat." You covered your eyes with the bottom of your hands and leant on the table top.

He placed his hand on your back. "Hey don't worry about it. I thought it was quite funny really, no ones ever said something like that to me before. Other than you, of course." He reassured you and then your mum and dad walked in with all of the plates.

About ten minutes in to the meal your dad broke the quiet conversation with the worst question you could possibly imagine.

"So, have you two 'done the do' yet?"

Noctis almost spat his water out and you choked on the potato that you'd just started to swallow. Both of your parents however, sat there smiling smugly at you as if to say 'ha got you back' back for what!?

"I uh.. I don't think that that's a very appropriate topic for the table dad!" You responded after you'd finished being patted on the back by your boyfriend to help you not die from choking. "Thanks Noct."

"Welcome Hun."

After that you were left with two laughing parents, an awkward boyfriend and your mind slowly closing in on itself from the amount of embarrassment you'd just endured.

--------

After the meal, you helped your mum wash up and left Noctis to have a conversation with your dad. Poor boy, he's gotta have a strong will to be able to deal with this family. You thought as you prepared to say goodbye and head home.

"It was very nice to meet you Mr and Mrs (l/n). Take care of yourselves." Noctis said as you stepped out of the door and into the cold night.

"It was very nice to meet you too, Noctis" your mum said as she gave him a small hug. Your dad shook Noct's hand as you said goodbye to your mum and she whispered in your ear. "He's the one (nickname)" and you smiled at her as you pulled away.

"I know." You said looking over at him as he finished saying goodbye. He took your hand in his as you waved goodbye to them and walked back to the car. You got in the back seats with him and the car drove away.

"Noct I'm so sorry about that..."

"About what?"

"About what my dad said at dinner."

"Oh that haha don't worry about it." He laughed. "It's your parents' job to try and embarrass you in front of me." He lightly nudged you shoulder and you lightened up.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." You leant your head back and put your hand on top of his own, which was resting on his leg, and you intertwined your fingers with his.
______________________