Chapter 4

Mabel POV

The years that had passed after the apocalypse had been kind to everyone. Sure the occasional person would die of madness, sickness, and even the random goat attack, but for the most part, not many people had died.

Sure, I had been locked up on the Mystery Shack for five years because my paranoid Gruncles were paranoid and cautious. I did occasionally sneak out and about, but they didn't need to know that. However, that is not what made today a good day.

I'm going on my first mission.

It had taken years of training, and obnoxious whining to finally let both Gruncles let me participate in one of the most dangerous and most important one yet. Honestly, it was a shock when Ford had come up to me and told me that I was allowed to go. So, that was why I was here in the attic of the Mystery Shack packing my grappling hook into a bag. I had also packed extra sweaters I had made as a precaution if Bill happened to have any slaves.

I looked at the lonely bed that had occupied the attic when Dipper-

When Dipper disappeared. Great Uncle Ford and Gruncle Stan had thought it was best to get rid of the other bed because it would have a bad effect on me. Honestly, I liked the fact that they had gotten rid of it. It stopped me from thinking things that weren't sparkly and happy.

That didn't stop me from feeling slightly guilty. Dipper was my brother, I should-

I shook my head, this wasn't the time to think of things like that right now, I had a mission to complete.

ミ★

Ford had assembled a team of ten soldiers, including Wendy and I. Wendy had been set as a captain leader and in charge of taking care of me, I didn't mind is much, Wendy was cool. Each soldier had been paired up with another to secure the chances of more people surviving. We had made it to the entrance of Bill's palace with a few gadgets Ford had given us and somehow, the ten of us slowly made our way in.

Each pair had a mission, the more experienced fighters were to go around and spy on some demons for a short time to see if there was any information that could be useful to us. Others were to sneak around the palace in order to find weak spots in the fortress so when we invade in a large battle, we have escape routes and entrances. However, Wendy and I had the job of rescuing any prisoners Bill or his demons have taken in.

Slowly, Wendy and I snuck around until we found a large door that seemed to be holding something in. Wendy and I shared a look, this was our best shot. Wendy tried to open the door with a gentle touch and was surprised to see that it opened so easily. She took the ax that she had strapped to her thigh and held it in front of her as she opened the door. I took out my grappling hook and pointed it in front of me.

As Wendy opened the door, we could see that the room was pitch black aside from the light that had streamed in when we opened the door, and nothing was in the room besides two figures. One was glowing yellow and the other, I didn't have a clear view of. However, fear had instilled itself when I noticed that the glowing yellow figure was Bill. The strange thing was, Bill was human.

"Well, if it isn't Red and Shooting Star. I wasn't expecting to meet you two here." Bill's voice was the same as when I was twelve.

"You guys would be surprised, I have a present for you two." Wendy had pointed her ax at Bill and with a stern voice she threatened him. "We don't need any presents from a psychopath like you. Give us all the prisoners that you have, Bill, and we will leave peacefully with out hurting anyone,"

"Ha! As if you could kill an all powerful demon like me. Ya' know, I really want to kill you, but I can't." I was confused, we couldn't he kill us?

"However, I still want to give you your present." Bill laughed. Bill started walking towards us, dragging the other figure behind him. Wendy and I backed up, our weapons still in front of us. I could see that Bill had a large smile on his human face, making him look as if he was having the time of his life. Wendy and I kept backing up until our back's hit the wall behind us. Bill was now outside of the room, the light finally giving me a a clear look at Bill. The figure that Bill had dragged out was covered by Bill's form, but I could see two bare feet peeking out. Bill pulled the figure to face him, made it (him?) stand and I stared at a bare back. The boy was shorter than Bill.

Bill had focused his attention on the figure and I was surprised when Bill gently hit the others head.

"Hey, Pinetree, wake up." Bill's voice was gentle.

I froze. Pinetree? That was what Bill had called Dipper when we were younger, but Dipper was dead, wasn't he?

Wasn't he?

The boy stirred and I could see that they had lifted their head to look up at Bill.

"Bill?" A sleepy voice asked. I dropped to the floor. It couldn't be.

"It's good to see your awake, but why were you in that room?" Bill asked his voice still held that gentle tone.

"I got lost." The boy started to lean his head on Bill's shoulder."And I was sleepy, you know. Wait, don't tell me you did something weird to me again." Bill laughed.

That can't be Dipper.

It's not Dipper.

"I promise, all I did was mark you as mine." The boy then seemed to notice that he was shirtless and pulled away from Bill to lazily glance down at his chest. He heaved a sigh and put his head back on Bill's shoulder.

"Whatever." The boy mumbled and it sounded like he was going to sleep again.

"Pinetree, we are not done here. I still need you to do something for me."

"What is it?"

"Can you turn around?" Bill asked. The boy said nothing in response.

What was with this behavior, Bill didn't speak gently with anyone, Bill didn't casually have conversations with others as well, and he sure didn't ask anyone for anything.

"Please, Pinetree?" That seemed to set off Wendy.

"What the hell is this? Are you messing with us, Bill? Is that it?" Wendy shouted. Bill paid no attention to her and was still focused on the boy. I saw the boy nod and Bill turned the boy around and the boy had his back lay against Bill. What I saw was something that I couldn't even comprehend.

I didn't know how I knew, but I knew that the person that Bill had turned around was Dipper. He sounded too much like Dipper and looked too much like Dipper for this to be a coincidence. Even after all these years, I knew that that was my brother.

Dipper's eyes looked sleepy and his eyes were half lidded as he yawned. Blood had run down the side of his mouth and a large bloody triangle with an eye in the middle had been carved into his chest. That triangle looked a lot like Bill. What surprised me was that Dipper looked like everything was fine and nothing had happened, even before he was turned around.

"What the heck is this?" Wendy yelled. Dipper glanced at her and his eyes widened slightly and then went back to how they were. "Why are you holding him so close, you demon?"

"Let him go!" I yelled. I stood up. It was obvious that Bill had done something to Dipper and, sure, even though I haven't really even thought of Dipper, he was here in front of me and I couldn't just let this continue. Dipper was my brother and I would save him from Bill.

Dipper then lazily turned his head in my direction and stared at me. It hurt though, he didn't even try to move close to me.

"Oh, Mabel, it's you." Dipper's voice showed no emotion and neither did his eyes. When he looked at me, it looked like he didn't care. It hurt. He made no move to get out of Bill's hold and just looked at me.

"Jeesh kid, if you are so intent on getting your brother back, why don't you make sure that he wants to go with you first?" Bill rolled his eyes as if he was annoyed. Dipper looked tired and annoyed too.

"Dipper?" My voice cracked. This was Dipper we were talking about, of course he wants to come with me, especially after all these years. He would always choose me over anyone. "Dipper, you want to go home, right?" My voice was trembling. Dipper looked at me straight in the eye and replied.

"No."

/●\