Chapter 15

Dipper's not going to pay attention to me, is he? Mabel thought as she saw a velociraptor-look-alike sweep down onto a glittery tree. Her head was in her hands while she sighed in discontent at her being ignored by her sibling.

"Mabel," she heard Stan grunt, "Can you help me with this?"

Mabel got up from her sitting position and slowly walked towards Stan who was carrying a bunch of supplies they had probably stolen from some store somewhere in order to feed their residents. Mabel grabbed as much as she could as they trudged to the storage room in silence.

Stan hadn't really brought up Dipper since they lost saw him. He knew of her attempts to get his attention and never interfered as much as he wanted to, or didn't want to.

"Grunckle Stan," Mabel started. Stand grunted back at her in acknowledgement. "What do you think about Dipper?"

Stand kept walking as he looked on straight ahead. A heavy weight burdened the silence between them. Mabel looked down at her purple shoes, she probably shouldn't have asked.

"I think he needs a good talking to," Stan broke the awkward silence. Stan didn't look back at her as he said that.

"Then why don't you talk to him?"

"Look kid, sometimes you can change people's minds and other times you can't. Once, I could tell Dipper what was good for him and things he should stay away from, like taxes," Stan said.

"But?"

Stan sighed and stopped walking. He turned around to look at her. He put a large warm hand on her shoulder and looked her kindly in the eyes, a sad smile gracing his pale, aged face.

"Why would he listen to the people that turned their backs on him when he needed them the most. Mabel, he's not going listen to me, or you. He's scared and afraid that he'll be lied to again, and I know how that feels all to well."

"But-"

"Mabel, when he got here do you remeber the first thing we did?" Mabel looked at the floor again.

"We locked him up like an animal and he was still nice to us when we went to hunt him down. He's more human than we'll ever be. We don't belong with one another and because of that, of the fear of being too different, he's going to stay away as long as possible. Accept it." Stan turned around and left her with the overwhelming feeling of tears in her eyes. He stopped again and yelled out to her, "Are you coming?"

Mabel wiped her tears and huffed, running to catch up with Stan.

"Well, we don't have to pay taxes. Looks like he listened to me after all," Stan added thoughtfully as he kept on walking, a bitter smile on his face.
_

The End.

So, starting this and throughout the whole thing, I was very much aware that I lacked plot and the ability to stay away from too much OOC in characters. I also know that waiting for such a long time for a shitty excuse of an ending is, well, shit, but I felt as if this was a good ending point for the story.

Hey, if you want to continue the story you can notify me an I'll totally read it, but that's a rather selfish request.

It also didn't help that my writing is shit and I don't know emotions are apparently. This book was just a mess. The whole thing was a mess, but I had fun and you guys enjoyed it, I hope.

And for those of you who did stick around, I am so sorry that who had to deal with this shit, and at the very least, I hoped you enjoyed it. There probably won't be a sequel and I think that's best.

Well, it was fun, your comments make my day, thank you for all you have done for me.