Chapter 3

Dipper POV

I woke up to the sound of anguish.

The cry was loud and echoed throughout the cell, shaking me down to the very core.

The grip on my hair tightened. I had done that, I had caused the cry of one mourning another.

I was a monster.

A murderer.

I started to tremble. I forced myself further into the walls supporting my body. It's not like I had a choice. If I hadn't done that I would have broken the terms of our agreement and Mabel wouldn't be safe. It was all for Mabel's sake, so it was okay.

Right?

I clenched my teeth. No it wasn't okay, I killed someone. I was the one to plunged the knife into her chest and I was the one that followed Bill's orders without any thought. The horrible thing was-

No!

I was such a horrible person, I should die and be sent to hell. Killing someone is wrong, of course it wasn't okay.

I wanted to do it.

I wanted to deny it but I couldn't resist. If I killed her, I could finally touch her. For so long I had been longing the touch of another human being. Being stuck in a cell with two living people had been a horrible experience for me. They never even tried to help and it was sick.

Weren't they human, too?

It had driven me crazy, I hadn't felt the soft flesh of someone alive and human in what felt like years. The feeling of someone else's flesh coming in contact with mine was the best feeling in the world.

I didn't kill her for Mabel, I killed her for myself.

I wanted more of it, I craved it with my very being. I needed the reassurance that I wasn't the only human being left in this ridiculous world.

After all, only humans can die from stab wounds these days.

"Pinetree, what a suprise!"

I kneeled down in front of his throne and lowered my head.

"May I ask you a favor?" My voice was quiet and small.

"Why the sudden interest?"

"I-" I hesitated.

Bill came closer and I looked up to see that he was a few feet away.

"You want what, Pinetree?"

I lowered my head once again in both shame and respect.

"Can you fix me?"

"Fix you? Why do I need to fix a kid like you?" Bill sounded like he was brimming with joy and that was when I realized I had fallen right into his hands.

"I-"

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

"I WAN'T TO KILL SOMEONE ELSE," I yelled. Tears were running down my face and I hastily brought my hands up to roughly get them out of they way.

"B-But I don't want to k-kill anybody, s-so, Bill?" I weakly looked up to see Bill in his human form.

"Can I p-please t-touch you?"

Bill stared at me and a large, maniac smile spread across his human face. He threw his head back and started to laugh. A blush covered my face and I lowered my face again.

I'm so stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stup-

"PINETREE! I agree!" I was startled and looked up at Bill's laughing frame. Suddenly, the laughing stopped and Bill looked me straight in the eye.

"Only if you agree to be my lawfully wedded wife and love me 'till death do us part,'" and with that Bill laughed again, finding the sitution hilarious. I, however, took the agreement serious. I could learn to love Bill, it wouldn't be too hard.

He seemed to be fond of his human form, and I could touch him. Someone who would willingly let me touch the flesh I craved and wouldn't rot in weeks time.

Who cares if Bill isn't human.

It is isn't like I could be considered one anymore.

"Deal.'' My voice was stern and confident. Bill stopped laughing and that maniac smile stretched across his face again. A blue flamed black gloved hand was shoved in front of my face and I stared at it.

"Then let's shake on it."

I took his hand.

/¤\

Bill had left me alone in the room with a maniacal laugh. He had said nothing else to me other than he was "preparing" for my new role in the world. I regretted my decision slightly after I heard that, it sounded as if Bill had planned the whole scenario and ot wouldn't be a surprise if he did. He currently was the most feared demon, at least to my eyes. He had already conquered two realms and gained unimaginable power, what could stop him from conquering more?

Demons had seen me in the throne room with no one else accompanying me and instantly shaped the situation to their advantage. They roughly grabbed me by my wrists as I tripped and face planted into the floor. The demons dragged me to who knows where. So much force was put into my wrists as they tugged me forward I could slowly feel something disconnecting and it wasn't pleasant.

Seconds later I was thrown against a wall of the palace. I heard something crack and and I gasped, making myself get up onto all fours. I continuously coughed as blood pooled out of my lips, and I brought a trembling hand up to my mouth to prevent blood from falling on the floor.

The demons laughed at me and with a hard kick to my midesection I fell down onto the floor again. Then another kick.

Then another.

Then another.

Then a knife was lodged between my wrists, keeping them forcefully together.

Time passed in increments of how painful this was getting for me until the demons seemed to grow bored with me as their plaything, and so they left my fragile broken body lying in a pool of my own blood.

"Yeesh, kid, one hour into the deal and your already causing me trouble." I couldn't find it in me to respond as I saw a young blond man picking up my body and carelessly settled my body over their shoulder. They started walking somewhere and the only thing I payed attention to as the mysterious man, who I had believed to be Bill, was the fact that my arms were starting to fall asleep.

"You know, if you're going to be my wife, you need to know how to give commands," Bill said. "We can't have the demons not see you as a queen, that makes me look bad so, Pinetree, what am I going to do with you?"

I gave no reply in return and Bill didn't say anything else. I was thrown back into my cell and my shackles rattled. My body didn't feel the impact and I couldn't even manage to turn my head.

The light coming in to the cell was skowly decreasing and before it diminished completely it stopped.

"Tomorrow, we set the ground rules for being my wife. Sweet dreams, Pinetree." The door closed and I flinched at the loud noise.

I had touched Bill.

It wasn't by much, but my hand had caressed the slight sliver of flesh that Bill's shirt hadn't managed to cover.

It was so soft.

It was so warm.

/¤\