iii. welcome home

THREE; WELCOME HOME

   "Haven, do you think you could sneak me a sip of that champagne everyone is drinking?"

   Haven looked at Seth Clearwater like he had just sprouted another head. The young teenager had whispered this to the huntress, considering his mother, Sue Clearwater, Billy Black and Charlie were standing right beside the pair. Haven had the decency to lean into Seth, making sure that none of them heard his silly request. She whispered her answer in the same tone. "Seth, you're only sixteen."

   The ceremony finished and it had been just as Haven had expected it to be, both magical and love-filled. The last thing she wasn't the biggest fan of considering it made Jacob's face pop into her head almost instantly, which she regretted.

   Everyone was now milling around the grounds. Candle lights had been splayed out as the sky darkened quickly and not everyone had the vampire sight that some did at the reception.

   "Sixteen isn't that young," Seth mumbled bitterly. "I'm practically an adult."

   "I'm eighteen and I don't even consider myself an adult."

   It was then that Seth looked at Haven was with his deep set, chocolate brown eyes and his lip fell straight into a pout. Seth Clearwater was using his puppy dog look on Haven and he hoped for sure it would work. The huntress was one of the kindest and most caring people he knew, if anyone was going to fall for it then it would totally be her.

   What Seth hadn't quite realized was that Haven was a hell of a lot stronger than she looked. Haven looked him dead in the eyes and shook her head simply. "Don't even try, kid. I love you, I really do but no alcohol. That is what teenage parties are for, not my best friend's wedding."

   Seth glared at Haven now, playfully. "Damn you are harder to break then I thought. You and Paul go drinking together all the time, he tells the pack constantly like he's bragging about being your new alcohol buddy. Does that mean you will take me drinking soon, like you do with him?"

   The young boy sounded so hopeful and Haven only let out a small chuckle at the thought of Seth doing shots like she did with Paul. He wouldn't stand a chance. "When you are eighteen I will, just wait two more years."

   Before the sixteen year old werewolf could get a witty line in, Sue and Charlie were wheeling Billy over to where Bella and Edward had come to stand. The pair were doing rounds of the room, thanking their guests for coming and getting many congratulations. Edward may have said a few complaints about people through the bond that he shared with Haven, inserting his voice right inside her head which made the brunette laugh. 

   Seth eagerly followed along after them, at the sight of Edward the young wolf instantly wanted to say hello. The two had an understanding that Haven didn't think she had ever seen from the Quileute's before – they were always anti vampire, whereas Seth considered Edward a friend. 

   "Hey man," Seth and Edward hugged quickly, which made Haven smile as she walked to stand beside them all. She liked seeing the wolves and vampires get on, even if it was an odd occurrence. "It's good to see you. I'm really happy for you two."