vi. revelations

SIX; REVELATIONS

Haven rubbed her eyes in defeat.

The girl had been up all night after the news that Bella had somehow fallen pregnant with Edward's child. The laptop at the Cullen's had become her new best friend and she had sore fingers from typing all throughout the night.

"I just don't see how this possible," Chris Eldridge had joined his daughter in searching for anything they could find on the matter at hand. Haven often forgot that her father had the same bond with Carlisle as she did with Edward. It was essential in keeping the man alive after the Volturi sentenced him to death. Carlisle had practically informed the man of what was going on with Bella in his head as soon as Edward hung up the phone yesterday.

Carlisle, Esme and Rosalie had gone to the airport to get Bella and Edward. Haven would have gone but the girl didn't know how she would handle the situation – it was bad enough searching through every part of the internet to find an answer.

"You and me both," Haven picked at a fraying part of her black jeans anxiously. "We just need Bella to get home so Carlisle can work on getting that thing out of her."

Chris closed a heavy book that Carlisle had gifted him to look through. Many vampire legends were explored, yet nothing about what would happen if a human and vampire reproduced. "Let's just hope it's that simple."

Haven didn't want to think that way. This was the only course of action that she could think of and it was the only one guaranteed to keep Bella alive – maybe even the rest of Forks considering what usual immortal children could do.

"I'm not trying to be pessimistic," Chris explained to his daughter upon seeing her face fall even further at the mention of this situation not being so easily fixed. "I'm just being rational. This is vampires we are talking about, nothing is ever easy. Keep that in mind, Haven."

Haven let out a sigh. She knew her dad was right, but the brunette didn't even want her mind to think about what would happen if Carlisle couldn't fix this now. "I know, I just don't want to get in that head space."

Chris's hand came to rest on his daughter's shoulder, rubbing it soothingly. "We'll fix it somehow. Us hunters always find a way, no matter what.

Haven just hoped that she wouldn't have to be the one to find another way. She needed Carlisle's way to work.

♡♡♡♡♡

Haven was outside as soon as Carlisle's car pulled up outside the Cullen's home. She was the first of the family out the door, followed by a few more as she descended down the stairs.

Edward was out of the car first and his eyes instantly found Haven's. The huntress had gotten over the anger she felt earlier. It wasn't his fault, she knew that the last thing Edward would do is want to hurt Bella. They were the same in that way.

His eyes were dark and made Haven know there was something he had to tell her, it was weird to the huntress that she knew that upon a quick glance. Their connection had made her aware of so much.

We need to talk.

The words Edward spoke in her mind were exactly what she had presumed. Haven nodded at him, they could do so once she had seen Bella. She needed to know that her best friend was okay.

Bella exited the car, after Rosalie had jumped out and opened the door for her. Haven didn't know why Rosalie had been the one to go and help retrieve the couple from the airport. She figured Carlisle and Esme would have been capable by themselves.