TWENTY FOUR

Twenty Four

Little Darling

I couldn't hold on any longer, I burst out. I haven't told you this sooner because I just didn't know how. But yesterday I burst out and couldn't take it any longer.

Maybe it was the fight that I had with Mom and Dad that morning, or it was just that I missed you so much-too much- that I let it all out. It doesn't matter.

Let me tell it all to you from the beginning.

We were in Raheem's house going over everything that we had and I was just so angry at everything that was happening. I was glaring at the two that were sitting in front of me, Raheem told a joke and lamia give a small giggle. I couldn't hold it and huffed. When Raheem and Lamia finally noticed my glare, they looked confused my at me before Lamia asked me what's wrong.

That was the only question that I seem to not know the exact answer of these days.

But instead of lying, I let out my anger on them then, I am not proud of what I did butI told them about my feelings, of how I think they are just not sad enough about Lujain's death even though he was their brother. I kept on talking and I stopped only when Lamia smiled a small smile at me. It was sad and sympathetic and I didn't like it, but it got me to stop talking.

I asked them how can they cope with this pain.

Lamia answered with just two simple words. She said, "I pray".

I looked at them both confused and Raheem chuckled, I didn't find anything amusing though so I don't know why he chuckled.

He continued talking then, "we both pray for him and I know so does my parents. We all know that he is in a better place, we have faith in God, He is All-Merciful, He will guide us and He will give us patient for what we are going through right now. So we are holding on and we know that the only thing that we could do and would help my brother the most right now; is our prayers. And the thing that would help us the most too, is our prayers again."

After he said that I looked at him, and Lamia dumbfounded.

He sounded so confident, so sure, that Lujian is in a better place, that in fact a God did exist.

It made me think too hard and too much and I came up with that I haven't prayed for you yet Little Darling. I have not prayed for you not even once but I will tonight. And I hope that Raheem and Lamia are right; my prayers will help you to go through whatever it is you are going through. I will pray to God to help me too.

Even if I didn't completely believe in a God, Iwill do this. Because maybe just maybe there is a bigger power in this world and maybe just maybe everything really does happen for a reason.

 Because maybe just maybe there is a bigger power in this world and maybe just maybe everything really does happen for a reason