Prolouge

I whimpered and curled as far as I possibly could into the corner of my cupboard as Unless Vernon pounded on the door, his big, scary voice commanding me to come out. I began to cry as I noticed the door cracking and knew it wouldn't be long before it broke under his weight.

I frantically searched for some kind of exit, already knowing the only way out was through the door in front of me. Making a hasty decision, I rushed towards the door and threw it open, hoping to catch him off guard. I made my way to the front door as quickly as I could, hoping to escape this horrible place and the monsters inside.

I was only a couple of feet from the door now and for just a second I allowed myself to believe that I would actually get away this time. I should have known better. Uncle Vernon grabbed me by the hair and yanked me back to him causing me to fall at his feet. Looking up, I saw a large chink of my hair still clenched in his fist, some of my scalp still attached to it.

"Thought you could get away, did you, freak?" He shouted, kicking me in the ribs, my stomachs, my head, anywhere he could reach. As long as it hurt me, he didn't care.

I heard a sickening crunch and knew he had broken something, but I didn't know what. Everywhere hurt. Just as I a as on the verge of blacking out, the kicking stopped. I was relieved for a second, thinking he had grown bored and wondered off to eat or something. I should have known better.

He picked me up by my hair once again and slung me info the living room. My head hit the side table as I landed on the floor with a thud. Black spots clouded my vision once again as I fought to remain conscious, fearing what would happen it I passed out.

He grinned, an evil grin that haunts my worst nightmares, as he stomped across the room towards me. I knew this wouldn't be good. Of course it wouldn't.

"Petunia and Dudley are gone tonight, freak. Its just you and me. No one can hear you scream, so scream as loud as you can. That's half the fun," he jeered before ripping my clothes off, revealing my scared and mangled body- gifts from years of abuse.

I cried and screed and begged and pleaded, hoping, praying that someone, anyone, would hear me, but Vernon just continued to laugh as he defiled my ruined body.

My name is Harry Potter, and that was the first time I was raped. It was my 8th birthday. I thought nothing bad ever happened to you on your birthday. I should have known better.

Word Count:472