Chapter 8

As Draco and I step out of the fireplace, I blush and move away from him, realizing he still has his arm around me. He looks at me oddly, but doesn't say anything about it. Trying to avoid his eyes, I look around the room studying our surroundings.

"Wow, Draco, your house is....wow," I tell him, amazed.

Draco just shrugs, looking embarrassed, "It's home."

"Draco? What are you doing here?" I hear someone ask.

Looking over, I see one of the most regal, yet obviously kind hearted, women I've ever seen. Just by looking at her, it was obvious how much she truly cared about her family. Clearly, she would do anything to protect them. After so many years of neglect and abuse, it was astonishing to me that someone like her could exist.

"Oh, who's this?" She asked Draco, looking at me.

"This is my friend, Harry Potter," he told her, pulling me towards where she was standing.

"And why on earth would you bring Harry Potter into my house?" She asked, getting angry.

"Mom, he's not on Dumbledor's side. Dumbledor has been abusing him," he told her.

Her face softened and she rushed over to me checking me from head to toe. Frowning when she didn't find any injuries or scars, she pulled out her wand. I started backing away from her, only to be stopped by Draco.

"Draco, let me go! What are you-" I was cut off by Mrs. Malfoy muttering something and them there was a bright flash of light from her wand. Both her and Draco gasped, looking down at my body. Confused, I looked down as well, trying to see what was wrong.

I gasped too, noticing my concealment charms were gone and backed away from them, wrapping my arms around myself, wishing I could disappear. The only other person who had seen me like this, aside from my tormentors, was Severus.

Before I could say anything, however, Mrs. Malfoy grabbed my arm gently and pulled me into a huge library where Mr. Malfoy sat behind a desk.

"Lucius, come here, now," Mrs. Malfoy told him hurriedly.

He stood up and walker over to where we were standing. I tried to get my arm out if Mrs. Malfoy's grip, but her surprisingly strong grip was latched onto my arm.

"Look at him, Lucius, he needs help," she told him, pushing me in front if her. Tears were shining in her eyes.

Mr. Malfoy looked over my body and a pained look crossed over his face, as if him seeing me reminded him if something he didn't want to remember. He glanced up at the scar on my forehead, but didn't say anything about it.

"What happened to him?" He asked Mrs. Malfoy and Draco.

I gave Draco a pleading look, and he seemed to understand that I didn't want to have to tell it again. He pulled his parents to the side and explained everything I had told him and the rest of the Slytherins.

By the time he finished, Mrs. Malfoy was sobbing into Mr. Malfoy's arms. "Oh you poor boy!" She exclaimed, rushing to where I was and wrapping me into a hug.

"Come with me, Harry, please," Mr. Malfoy told me as Mrs. Malfoy finally released me.

Panicking, I looked over to Draco, who nodded encouragingly. I slowly followed him into a room in the back of the library. The room was rather plain compared to the rest of the Malfoys's house. It looked more like something that would be in a doctor's office rather than someone's house.

"Sit down, please, Harry," he told me, motioning to the leather couch in the middle of the room. "You don't mind if I calk you that, do you?"

I shook my head as I took a seat on the couch and Mr. Malfoy sat on the chair across from me.

"Harry, I know you only just met me and gave no reason to trust me as our prior experiences with one another were anything but friendly; however, I would like to assess your injuries to see if there us anything I can do to help you."

"Mr. Malfoy-"

"Lucius," he cut me off, "Please, call me Lucius."

"Okay," I said hesitantly, "Lucius, I, um, I don't think that..."

He remained quiet, allowing me to collect my thoughts.

"Well, you see, I don't think that there is anything you can do. I, um, I've looked through every book, magical and muggle, that I could find on this type of stuff, but there is nothing that can heal scars this old or deep," I told him hoping he wouldn't get mad at me.

"It's okay, Harry. I understand you are not entirely comfortable with me yet . I respect your judgment, but when you are ready, you can come to me. I have many rare books in my library, some that are the only copies left in existence. When you are ready, I will help you."

I smiled in appreciation and thanked him.

"Now," he said, standing up, "let's go get you some food."

---------

After eating more than I thought was humanly possible, Lucius and Narcissa, as she asked me to call her, told Draco and I go up to bed. They had spoken to Severus and he said we could stay for the night since it was so late.

Draco showed me the room I would be staying in, which was right next to his, and the bathroom that was connected to both of our rooms.

"You can go ahead and take a shower first," he told me, handing me a pair of his Pajama's, "I'll be in my room if you need me."

Once he left, I got into the shower and stood under the scalding hit water, thinking about everything that had happened the past couple days. My life was completely changing, for the better, and for the first time in a long time, I smiled, a true, genuine smile.

(A/N) Sorry its been forever. I wish I had an excuse, but honestly I've just been sleeping. Hope you enjoy it. I'll try to update again this week-ish. 💜

Word Count:999