Chapter 7

During the feast, I sat at the end of the Slytherin table, away from everyone else. I wasn't sure how they would treat me since use to be in Gryffindor and I was "The Chosen One."

Everyone from the other houses were either glaring at me or whispering to their friends about me. I was so nervous I barely ate anything which Severus noticed and motioned for me to eat my food. I tried, but I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it down.

After the feast, Severus started heading towards me, pushing through the huge crowd of people, but Dumbledor got there first.

"Harry, my boy!" He said loud enough for everyone around us to hear, "Why don't you come to my office with me, and we'll discuss your new change of house."

I looked at Severus desperately, silently pleading for him to come save me. Dumbledor grabbed my arm discreetly, squeezing it as hard as he could, causing me to wince in pain.

"I hardly think that will be necessary, Professor," came a voice from behind me, "Professor Snape and I can escort him and tell him everything he needs to know."

"Mr. Malfoy, while I am sure Professor Snape and yourself are more than capable of escorting Mr. Potter, there are some things he and I must discuss. Now if you would excuse us-"

"That is correct, Professor Dumbledor," Severus replied, finally reaching us, "We are indeed more than capable of escorting him, and that is what we shall do. It is getting late, after all. I'm sure whatever you and Mr. Potter need to discuss can wait until morning."

"Very well," was all he said before strolling away.

"I saw what he was doing to you," Malfoy said, "Is your arm okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, rubbing my arm.

"Let's get you to the common room, Harry," Severus said, leading me out of the Great Hall.

We arrived at the Slytherin common room and Severus said the password, 'Green Apples,' and the wall moved to let us in. The wall closed behind us as I stared in awe at the common room. It was amazing. You could even look out the windows under the black lake.

Slowly, all of the Slytherins piled into the common room. They sat on chairs, couches, tables, floors, anywhere they could fit. I had never noticed how many people were in Slytherin until now, and they were all looking at me, Malfoy and Severus.

"Is everyone here? Is everyone okay?" Severus asked the crowd. His worry and concern for them surprised me, for I had never seen him show this much emotion, aside from when I was telling him about the abuse.

Surprisingly it was Pansy Parkinson who spoke up, "Everyone is here, Severus, but there were some injuries that needed healing. Draco, Vincent, and Gregory helped me heal them."

Did she mean Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle? I mean....they weren't... Smart? Were they?

"Thank you, Pansy," Severus said interrupting my train of thought. He turned and addressed they rest of the room, "I know many of you may be shocked, confused, and even angry as to why Harry is here. Before you jump to conclusions, however, I would like you all to hear his story."

Hearing this, I immediately shrank back, bumping into the wall behind me. I glance fearfully at Severus, who smiled reassuringly.

What shocked me the most, however, was when Malfoy spoke up, "First, we'll tell Harry our stories, and if he feels like he can trust us, then he will tell us. If not, we'll wait, and we will be here to listen when he is ready. I'll go first."

I smiled at him gratefully and listened closely as he began.

"As most of you know, I was born into one of the wealthiest pureblood families there is, the Malfoys. My parents are Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, and since the very first day I was born, they did everything in their power to keep me safe, happy. Anything I wanted, I named it and it was mine. But I was lonely, being an only child, and didn't understand why my parents would never let me play with the other children in my neighborhood.