Chapter 3

I woke up in a strange room, not knowing how or when I had gotten there. The last thing I remember is falling asleep in the Leaky Cauldron. This doesn't look like the Leaky Cauldron.

Snape entered the room. I looked down, suddenly finding the blankets on the bed very interesting. I can't believe I cried on him. He must think I'm pathetic and begging for attention now.

"I'm sorry," I mumble, hoping he doesn't get angry and hit me.

"What in the world are you sorry for?" He asked, looking shocked.

"I-i didn't mean to cry on you. I probably ruined your robes. And you probably think I was just begging for attention. I'm so sorry! Really, I am, I-"

"Harry," he cut me off, "I'm not angry with you."

"Y-you're not?"

No. Now come downstairs and eat breakfast. Then we'll talk. You look like you haven't had a proper meal since you left Hogwarts," he told me, leaving the room before I could reply.

I looked down realizing I still didn't have a shirt on but noticed my ribs were healed. Snape must have done that while I was asleep.

I looked over and realized there were some clothes lying on the chair, so I got up and put them on. They fit perfectly unlike the hand-me-downs I always got from Dudley.

I cautiously made my way downstairs before searching for the kitchen. Once I found it, I walked in noticing Snape already sitting at the table eating.

I just stood there for a few minutes, not sure what to do the Dursley's never let me sit at the table with them, but then again, they never let me eat anything either.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Sit down and eat," he said, gesturing to the plate across from his, which was filled with delicious food.

Not wanting to anger him, I walked over to the table and took a seat. The food was gone within a matter of minutes, and I feel fuller than I've ever been in my entire life. Even at Hogwarts, I never got to eat this much food. I was too scared with Dumbledor and his spies watching my every move.

I finish eating and look up to find Snape studying me across the table. I don't want him to d at me for eating so quickly so I open mouth to apologize, but he cuts me off before I can begin.

"When was the last time you ate, Harry?"

For a moment, I consider lying but seeing as how he knows about the other stuff, I might as well tell him this.

"About a week, Professor," I tell him, looking down at my empty plate.

"Harry..." He started, them waited for me to look up at him before continuing, "Harry, why have you allowed them to treat you like this for so long? Why haven't you told anyone?"

"I did! I told them and they didn't care. Vernon would spin some lie and they'd believe him. And at school..." I trailed off not sure how to tell him without sounding crazy, but he nodded encouragingly so I continued anyway, "Dumbledor pays the Gryffindors to sly on me. Even some of the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs accept the bribes. The only ones why aren't under Dumbledor's influence and the Slytherins and they all hate me. I wish I never would have asked that stupid hat to put me in Gryffindor. It told me to go to Slytherin, but j just couldn't listen, could I? I thought people in Gryffindor would actually like me, for me. I should have known better!"

I didn't mean to keep rambling on like I did, but once I started it was like I just couldn't stop. I was crying by now, and I couldn't help but think about how weak I was. I haven't even been awake for an hour and I'm already crying again. Snape must be ready to drop me back off at the Dursley's.

"Harry, Harry look at me."

I looked up at him, expecting his face to be full of hatred and disgust. I couldn't find any negative emotions on his face. At least, none that were directed at me.

"Harry, you are so strong to have suffered through all of this and still be here. Many people would have given up long ago."

"If I was so 'strong,' I would have been able to stop it. If I was so 'strong,' I should have-"

"No, Harry. Don't degrade yourself like they did. You are far from weak. I've never met anyone who has suffered as long as you have who didn't go crazy or die from both the mental and physical pain. Even I could not endure what you have endured. Never let anyone make you believe that you are weak. You are not weak, Harry Potter."

Though it did feel good to hear someone tell me that, to tell me that I meant something, I knew I could never believe it. 'I must not tell lies' after all. Umbridge made sure I remembered that. Made sure I never get enough confidence to speak out again.

Unfortunately, Snape noticed me glancing at my hand and grabbed it before I could snatch it away.

"Who did this to you?" He asked, looking at me with pained eyes.

"Umbridge," I mumbled under my breath.

"Speak louder, Harry. I need to know."

"Umbridge," I said again, a little louder this time.

With that, he jumped up from the table and walked out the door, leaving me alone in the house, which I presumed to be his.

Afraid I had angered him, I stayed where I was for hours, and when he still hadn't come back, I decided to go back up to the room I woke up in and fell into a deep sleep.

(A/N) Hey, its me. So I was wondering if maybe I should start doing it in third person instead of first? I'm not sure. Just let me know what you think, or don't, your choice. 😘

Word Count:1119