We both know

Ross' P.O.V:

I sit down on my chair and try to get used to using my other fingers. It's difficult but I manage- until I twitch my finger.
The doctor was right- it does feel like I'm being stabbed... how ironic.

I sigh, I'm glad Max doesn't remember last night, I can still remember him propped up against the car, crying...
I need to talk to him about it.

Suddenly my door opens, I swing around on my chair to see red walk in. "Hi ross" he closes the door and leans up against my desk.
"Oh hi Red-" I mumble. "I'm just cheaking to see how your hand is" He said thoughtfully.

"Umm it's fine... just a bit cramped" I reply spinning to face him- he looks serious.
"Ross I'm not as stupid as I act- I've never seen you with a letter opener before and I know you wouldn't have that big of a cut!" He grabbed my hand and I winced in pain.
"Ross did you do this?" A look of deep concern was painted across his face.

"What?! No!" I shout in shock "It was a letter opener" I reef my hand away from reds- I feel bad lying to him.
"Ross did someone do this to you?" He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around to face him.
His face was close to mine.

"Red it's just- I" I didn't know what to say. "It's fine Ross we'll get Adam and Barney to beat them up" He straightened up. "Ha we could make max go all mad max on there asses" he laughed.

The irony

"Red please- that'll just make things worse!" I argue "besides I'm fine now" he looked at me sadly.
"Fine Ross..." he was silent for awhile. "See you in the recording" he walked out, head hung and hands in his pockets. He opened the door and stopped in the doorway,

"you know we're all here for you Ross.." and he walked out.